GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default aftermarket exhaust kits

was thinking of putting on a aftermarket dual exhaust kit on my 01 silverado
    found a few kits on auction site for low price all look good (material wise)
    cant choose between flowmaster super 44 and magnaflow their is also a muffler from full boar
    looking for that deep rumble but dont want to be drowned out in cab.
    anyone ever heard/used full boar mufflers

Never heard of Full Boar, I have Magnaflow on my 2011 Silverado and 2008 HHR, and Flowmaster Super 44's on a couple other vehicles.
    Flowmasters are loud from 1/4 throttle all the way to full. Magnaflow is 1/2 throttle before it makes noise.
    at 3/4 to full they both sound about the same. Ive had slight droning issues with the Flowmasters, but turn the radio up and no more drone.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Look into a Corsa Db System I think you will be happy..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Cat-back dual exhaust with a glass pack at a 45 degree angle...sounds amazing!

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Crew Cab "All-Star Edition"

Line-X'd Bed
    Line-X'd Custom Brush Guard(Heavy Duty)
    5.3L Flex Fuel
    275/65R18 Toyo Open Country AT2's
    2" Rough Country Leveling Kit(want to get the 2.5 RC kit)
    EGR In-Channel Vent Visors
    Exterior PLUS Package
    Interior PLUS Package
    K&N Drop-In Air Filter
    ProFlaps
    Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
    Black Bowties
    Diablo Sport Predator(AFM Disabled)
    ProFlaps
    Towing Mirrors
    Next Planned Mods
    Blacked out Tail Lights
    Aftermarket Rims

Super44 dumped over the rear axle sounds good on mine! I feel the rumble and hear the rumble! I wouldn't do any more to mine as I have, Best Bang for the Buck! JMHO
    2010 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB (Silver) 4x4, ReadyLift 2.5" Level Kit, 305/60/18 Dick Cepek Mud Country, Go Rhino Nerf Bars, Husky Liners front and rear, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, Custom tuned. 4:11's

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Quote Originally Posted by my65coupe View Post
    was thinking of putting on a aftermarket dual exhaust kit on my 01 silverado
    found a few kits on auction site for low price all look good (material wise)
    cant choose between flowmaster super 44 and magnaflow their is also a muffler from full boar
    looking for that deep rumble but dont want to be drowned out in cab.
    anyone ever heard/used full boar mufflers

They all Have a loud sound But guys did you read his post???? He does NOT want the sound in the cab As I said above Look into Corsa like the Db system..

Well then...cut out factory muffler and throw in a flowmaster muffler...simple

I just took the plunge on a Magnaflow kit and from all I've read and the dealer tech on this page and my local shop the only three that don't drone in the cab is Magnaflow, Corsa and Borla. Many have stainless steel options but I've just read too many reviews about Flowmaster, Gibson and Dynomax having terrible in cab drone at idle or on the highway. I also have a programmer to make use of the increased flow rate.

Watch this video, yes they are funny and Aussie but they aren't the only ones to bust this myth with a Dyno. I've witnessed it at my brothers shop on their Dyno.

This video is similar and the same result, note: the exhaust kit is made buy one of the best race shops in the world and the pipes do NOTHING without a tune. I have seen this bust first hand as well when My brother and I invite a mutual friend who just spent big bucks on a true duel kit and a cross over "H" pipe and gained.......you guessed it.

I know a lot of guys get crazy especially when you bust the bull advertising on the box or web site after someone pays $800 plus but the Dyno don't lie. It doesn't have a vested interest in selling you expensive go fast bolt on goodies most have no way of knowing if they really are getting a bang for their buck other than it makes more noise. These vehicles are all different but the operation and guidelines are the same. Your trucks computer deals with many different variants every day, not to mention from season to season. Your computer is FACTORY tuned. It's tune will continuously attempt to maintain parameters. No matter how much you give it the tools to breath with, it won't take that breath unless told to do so. If this doesn't sink it home, these guys were threatened by K&N with a law suit for showing their product on this video. Finally, if you read their blog they do say that with high flow or "performance" parts and a tune they do get better results than stock with parts and a tune. But without the tune, it's just a lot of high priced window stickers.
    Last edited by Kapelusprime; 09-19-2013 at 08:15 PM.
    I am a American solder, I am a member of the finest fight force on earth, I am the bump in the night. I will defend the United states of American Against all enemies both foreign and domestic. Repent now all those who would do my nation and it's people harm; For when we come it will be too late.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE, Z71 with 5.3 l and max tow/haul package

if you want sound flow masters are the way to go. if you want a good sounding exhaust and want the pest performance get a magnaflow. and or borla but borla are pricey
    2004 gmc sierra ext z71 5.3
    PERFORMANCE...
    KB racing hot pipes 3.5" : 76mm turbo: 4l80e : Circle-d 2b multi disk :Walbro 400 : Racetronix Hotwire kit : TB coolant bypass : Nelson 91 Pcm : Tr 220 Cam : Brian Tooley double springs kit : Ls7 Lifters : Stage 3 heads : Custom Intake Manifold :80lb Injectors : Ported TB : 40k tranny cooler: Plx dm-100 gauge: Auto meter fuel and boost gauge:
    APPEARANCE...
    Custom Speedo : Leveling kit :Smoked led taillights and 3rd break light : Black projectors and fogs with hids : Blacked out grille : 33's on 16's : Clarion flip screen: sound que 12" subs: clerion 6x9's : Memhpis amps: Alpine componet set.
    Future mods... Detriot tru-trac, deviels own stage 2 meth kit, MORE BOOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On my old 2008 Silverado I had an entire catback dual exhaust system put on for $420. A lot of sites wanted $300 or more just for the exhaust kit.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by