GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Exclamation 2005 Chevy Tahoe OEM Radio

Im running into a problem lately with my truck. Eveytime I put a CD I get a check cd error. Maybe abuot 80% of the time. Thats whether its a copy cd or one bought from Wal-Mart. So my first question is there anything I can do to resolve this problem. My next option was to buy one online, but I want to upgrade my oem radio. I dont want an aftermarket radio. So I was thinking about getting a 6 disc factory oem radio. I currently have the combo tape/cd radio with the BOSE system. Im not sure if there was a difference between a BOSE system radio and a regular.

Default radio

yes there is. the bose system is a premium system with amplifier and the regular systems dont have the conections bose has. if you got a 6 disc you gotta make sure it is a bose, then there is not guarantee that its going to recognize the radio because one it just might not work and two because of the security codes. if i were you just go with an in dash screen.

Lightbulb

I had the same problem with the CD on my '04. I finally gave up and just use the "i-Pod".

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

**** i also have been having this problem, pissis me off. From what i have herd is that many cheap CD-Rs will not work only high HQ ones and CD-RWs wont wok period. i don't really know if this is true but i used some cheap CD-Rs and they don't work but i have one CD-R that is a diffrent brand that my friend burned for me and it works fine....

I have tried everything from changing speed on my burner to changing burning software.

Well good luck try some HQ CD-Rs.

Funny I never used my cd player just used my ipod now i'm using my mp3 player since i got the GM aux add on kit for factory radios
    04 Tahoe LT 5.3L stock MSD 8.5mm Wires
    Gigbson Duels Straight Exhaust, Parrot 3100 Bluetooth
    K&N 77 Series CAI, Sirius Radio
    De-badged, Valet Dei remote start
    5000k HID -Higherlevelauto.com
    Federal 100watt air horn

Hey man were can i get this GM aux add on kit?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeFever View Post
    Funny I never used my cd player just used my ipod now i'm using my mp3 player since i got the GM aux add on kit for factory radios

You might try to find a cd player cleaning kit. What it is/does cleans the laser lens that reads the cd's by dusting it. It's an actual cd that you put in and has little synthetic hairs that run across the laser lens and knocks the dust off of it. I'm pretty sure they are cheap and might be a easy fix.

Went to www.nextag.com website and typed in cd player cleaner and found a bunch of results for around 8 bucks.

I used one a couple years back in a stock stereo and seemed to work pretty well for me. Good Luck!
    Ty - 2004 Tahoe Z71
    :sign0011:
    www.myspace.com/jasonsturgeonmusic