GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2013 Driver's Side Door Hard To Shut

What is the adjustment procedure for a new door (5500 miles) adjustment?

It will not close with a normal pull like all the other doors.

I would say being a brand new truck, the dealer should handle that. Should be covered under your warranty.
    2006 Silverado 1500 5.3L ecsb Z71,afe pro s dry air filter, color matched tailgate handle and bezel,color matched front bow tie, led interior illumination, 5000K HID lows, Black powder coated wheels, Blacked out body side moldings, Rough Country 2.5" level/lift kit, Magnaflow muffler

X's 2 on the warranty thing

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

Fix nothing in the first 5500 miles, you paid a big price (built into the retail price) for a warranty. Use it.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

They definitely don't make the newer ones as good as the old ones. If you are original owner or the tenth it doesn't matter, you are under full bumper to bumper warranty for 3 years or 36,000 miles, full powertrain for 5 years or 100,000 miles and full rust coverage for 6 years or 100,000 miles. Your Sub is saying "take me to your dealer".

I wish I had the confidence you guys have in the dealer's ability to adjust the door.

I'm concerned they'll only make it worse.

They should have a body shop. That's a very common adjustment for someone in a quality shop.

GM gives you a 3 year 36000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. Take it in and say "fix the door".

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

murreywalker,

I am sorry to learn that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. I am happy to look into this concern for you. Please private message if I can be of any assistance.

Regards,

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care

Well Jennifer, I took the vehicle in for an oil change, and was told to wait for any adjustment to the door problem. Their explanation was, with only 8200 miles, the door seals hadn't time to settle. They were concerned any premature adjustment would cause air wind noise.

As a 71 year old phart, somehow I got the sense that something was pulling my leg.

Quote Originally Posted by GM Customer Service View Post
    murreywalker,

I am sorry to learn that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. I am happy to look into this concern for you. Please private message if I can be of any assistance.

Regards,

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care