GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2012 Chevy Captiva : Coolant getting hotter than 210 when stopped at a light

I was stopped at a light for about an hour due to an accident on the road I was about to merge onto so while I was waiting for the go ahead from the officer, I started flipping through my Driver Information Center (DIC for short) and noticed my coolant was at 230 degrees, when I brought the engine up to about 1500 RPM the temp went back down to 175 degrees. Is this normal, or cause for concern???

By the way, I have a habit of finding vehicles "Weak points"

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro69car View Post
    I was stopped at a light for about an hour due to an accident on the road I was about to merge onto so while I was waiting for the go ahead from the officer, I started flipping through my Driver Information Center (DIC for short) and noticed my coolant was at 230 degrees, when I brought the engine up to about 1500 RPM the temp went back down to 175 degrees. Is this normal, or cause for concern???

By the way, I have a habit of finding vehicles "Weak points"
    Recently seen my 2.4 captiva get up over 210 while waiting for some fast food. I think it topped out around 214, may have went higher if I had to sit longer.

I'm just wondering if a relay Isn't kicking on or whatever, and I tested it today by letting my truck sit idling for a while and it stayed at around 180. I'm almost wondering if the issue is caused by remote starting the truck.