GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Vehicle : 2012 Chevy Captiva Sport LT V6
    Mileage 19,442
    Issue : Trans shifting hard (dealer suspects Torque Management and that its not an issue)
    Resolution : Re-flash ECU

OK, So heres my update on the issue.

After bringing the vehicle in yesterday, The dealership discovered that there was aftermarket programming on the ECU (Also found out that the car was originally bought for Avis Rental cars out of Pittsburgh PA). From what the technicians tell me that it is not uncommon for rental cars to have aftermarket programming such as speed limiters and other things so that you cannot dog on the vehicle all the time. Also Avis left their GPS tracker in my vehicle so after a few snips and splices, I am not being tracked by Avis.

Resolution: After an ECU reflash ($142) the issue seems to be corrected at the moment, However I will need to do further testing.

Good News though. I contacted the dealership I bought the vehicle from, and the service manager agreed to refund me for the cost.

Bad news: Some Dips**t who rented the car backed into something and then bought some touch up paint to repair it, and did a terrible job.

Excuse the language, I'm pretty upset about that.

Updates to come as issues emerge.

Update

transmission is still shifting hard, but not anywhere close to how it was before

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234