GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Someone on here years ago put a 350 in a s10 ... Probably 5 or 6 years ago if memory serves me correctly.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Yea there's a lot of s10's with 350's in them out there. I wanted to get one but i'm actually going tomorrow to check out an 84 camaro z28. It's an auto. 350 sbc with a 4 bolt main taken from an older pickup. 700r trans. Mild Cam. Roller rockers. Timing reduction gears. headers with cherry bombs. Has some aftermarket gauges and toggle switches, steering wheel. Cowl hood. Paint needs to be redone but there is a little body work that needs to be done so that's fine. Has cragar wheels on it. Wide tires in the back. Aftermarket smaller spoiler. Needs a few things but i'm gonna try and get a deal worked out with the guy to have them fixed. Update tomorrow!
    95 S10 LS 5 speed ext cab 2wd "work truck"
    3/3 static _ Spectre Air Filter _ Punched out cat _ Glasspack>

99 S10 Xtreme 3rd door, 5 speed 4.3 VIN W
    Hurst Short Throw Shifter _
    American Racing wheels (275/60/15; 215/70/15) _ Sub/Amp/Stereo _ TB Mod>

Well the camaro was a bust, so far. It has a really nice motor and it sounds real solid. Loud and has a nice cam in it. Those are the pluses.

The bad is the wiring under the hood and dash is a mess so it's all gotta be straightened out. That's not a big deal just will take time.

The drivers door sags so it may need new pins and bushings. Along with the window wobbles. I looked that up and it may just be the felt guides that are loose or even not there. Something is loose.
    Passenger side window is missing but that was stated before i went to look at it.

Needs a little body work but other wise just needs paint. Not the biggest deal cause i can either spray it myself or leave it and clean up the flat black. A dent on the front driver side fender needs to be hammered out and some filler to a cracked portion. Quarter size rust spot on the back passenger side wheel arch needs to be addressed. Not rusted through. I felt in the wheel well and it feels solid. So i would fill it, sand it and paint it.

The biggest problem is the TV cable is messed up. Not hooked up and it's frayed. So therefore i can't drive it. Couldn't test drive it. He said he would fix it if i bought it. So i told him i would think about it. Told him last night that it was probably too much work for me and the not being able to know if the trans is good that it's just a big risk.
    He then replied something along the lines of "Okay hope i didn't waste your time, i'll let you know when i fix it and if the trans is good"

So i guess he is gonna fix it anyway and let me know if it's good! He must have realized that it aint gonna sell without it driving unless it's strictly a parts car and someone wants to tow it. He did save my number though so he must want it out of there.

He wants 700 bucks....what a deal.

The motor alone is worth that i'm guessing. Even though it needs a bit of work, it won't be expensive to try and succeed. It sounds MEAN. I love it.

$700 isn't a bad price from what you described
    Chuckie!!!

Im really really hoping hes gets back to me abouy it. Hes giving me a good deal considering he had it up for $1,500. It also need the brake line replaced but he is gonna fix it no matter what and wont add to the price.
    I originally got him down to 650 with brake line fixed. When i went to look at the car i asked what he would do the cable for. 20 bucks for a cable and hed install it for 30. So an even 700. Not bad at all considering hes gotta drop the back of the trans down to put the cable in.

It is rough looking, but i just love the motor. Its got the work already dont to it that i would want to do. So that means i can focus on the body work and wiring mess.

Ill post pics tonight.

nice build you got going bud!

I always say BUY when it comes to projects lol.. lately, my lady had kept me in check on that though haha! She has given me the thumbs-up on starting with Kristine though, so hopefully I can start a build thread on her as well as Truck Norris.

I'm always a fan of dropped trucks too

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

Quote Originally Posted by 08_rado_rocker View Post
    nice build you got going bud! I always say BUY when it comes to projects lol.. lately, my lady had kept me in check on that though haha! She has given me the thumbs-up on starting with Kristine though, so hopefully I can start a build thread on her as well as Truck Norris. I'm always a fan of dropped trucks too
    better to do it and ask for forgiveness, than to regret not doing it and still having to ask for forgiveness for even thinking about it

Haha whenever the gf or wife tells you its okay to go for it dont think twixe about not doing it! Better than not doing it then hearing months later "i cant believe you were even considering spending our time and wasting money on that thing" haha

Thanks for the compliments though. I really like how it has turned out. Never once did i think it would look like it does now when i first bought it

- - - Updated - - -

Heres the Camaro beast. Looks are not in it favor as of right now. If i get my hands on it that will be fixed quick.

Motor pic too. You can notice the wiring is all messed up and not clean at all.

Just waiting patiently to see if he lets me know he fixed the cable...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20131019_084447.jpg   20131019_074227.jpg  

Time for a wire tuck. Doesn't look horrible

A wire tuck is something i would definitely be willing to put in some time to do. I was just gonna straighten them out and put some loom and strap them somewhere but now that you mentioned the tuck i would like to learn how to do that.

This would be 100% likely to be taken to some car shows. I'm already making the plan to go to the annual Lake George Car Show next September with this or whatever camaro i have just for a day trip.

- - - Updated - - -

Was just on craigslist and came across an ad that sounded good. Opened it. And well, it's the Camaro that i went to look at. He re-posted it so maybe he's no replacing the cable. Unless someone is looking for a parts car only or has an extra trans, i don't think he's gonna get much luck selling it without it being able to drive.

One clue that does make me think the trans is okay is that they do drive it in and out of the shop into the parking lot each day. At least first gear works.

Does anyone know how to tell if the trans will work without having the detent cable hooked up correctly? It's a 700R trans.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... Last Post byLast Post by