GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Does it come in a 2500?

Any Diesel options in the Yukon or Tahoe's. Like my Jeep GC CRD but would like to get back in a GMC....

Have you guys built one of these on the Chev/GMC sites yet? I did and there is no way i would spend 70K(nicely equiped) on a Suburban that will not pull more than the one that I already have. Way too flashy and way too many electronics to to set off sensors for me. Just my opinion, if you like them great for you.

Quote Originally Posted by 98BIGBLOCKBURB View Post
    Have you guys built one of these on the Chev/GMC sites yet? I did and there is no way i would spend 70K(nicely equiped) on a Suburban that will not pull more than the one that I already have. Way too flashy and way too many electronics to to set off sensors for me. Just my opinion, if you like them great for you.
    I agree the $$ are quite high - and it seems many options are not available on basic models - the marketers definitely want to you to go from LS to LT to LTZ rather than allow you to put the engine you want into the vehicle you want with the radio that you want.

In addition, as I posted on another thread, it seems the 6.2L is only available on the GMC Yukon XL Denali and not on the Chevrolet Suburban. I may have overlooked something but it appears GMC is offering the bigger engine exclusively (at least for now).

Jr. Apprentice

Love the cargo area with the storage underneath the floor there.

Default 2500 suburban/dura max

Right now GM is not producing a three quarter ton suburban. They did not sell enough to justify production. There are rumors that they might bring a 4.5 liter diesel to market. They developed such a unit and shelved it because of the BK. If they decide to do it, they most likely will tell the public no later than 12 months from now. GM is under pressure to come up with something because of all the positive press that Ford is getting regarding aluminum in the upcoming F150 and the press that Ram is getting with their V6 diesel in their half ton

Until the diesel is in the Suburban, my company won't be buying any of them. We bought a dozen Suburban's with backup camera's and navigation in 2008, with the hope that they would be able to pull our generators and haul communications gear.
    They have done poorly at this. Even with the factory towing package, the gas engines are not efficient, and feels like you are going through a mud bog.
    We removed the third row seats and often fold the second row down, but they do not go flat. The bumpers are covered in plastic that falls off. Door lock actuators fail all the time. I find myself using my 1987 Suburban more often when I know I need a truck.
    As of now, there is no way we will be buying newer Suburbans. Probably Dodge trucks like the rest of the company as the Suburbans fall apart.

Quote Originally Posted by PACNWDude View Post
    Until the diesel is in the Suburban, my company won't be buying any of them. We bought a dozen Suburban's with backup camera's and navigation in 2008, with the hope that they would be able to pull our generators and haul communications gear.
    They have done poorly at this. Even with the factory towing package, the gas engines are not efficient, and feels like you are going through a mud bog.
    We removed the third row seats and often fold the second row down, but they do not go flat. The bumpers are covered in plastic that falls off. Door lock actuators fail all the time. I find myself using my 1987 Suburban more often when I know I need a truck.
    As of now, there is no way we will be buying newer Suburbans. Probably Dodge trucks like the rest of the company as the Suburbans fall apart.
    Why not get full-sized vans? Vans can tow/haul as much as pick-ups and they have more cargo volume and cost way less than Suburbans.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

We had a Chevy van 9 years ago, but the need for four wheel drive made us move to SUV's. 4x4 conversions on vans are expensive and void the factory warranty. We replace vehicles on a 5 year basis, so it is a bit cheaper with 4x4 trucks and SUV's.