GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RayVoy View Post
    But, it shouldn't happen. My '09 Av had the chrome peeling off the interior door handle, it was peeling when I bought it in '10. The point is, these things should not be happening in a "new" truck.

It can only be a penny pinching thing, or poor quality control..... or both.

I agree with @Pikey, they all have problems; but, that doesn't mean we should tolerate it.

My dealer fixed my problems while the truck was still under the "bumper to bumper", I suspect it would take the threat of a lawsuit to get the same things fixed after the warranty has expired.
    Agreed, my 2008 Silverado was an LT so it had the LT style dash (no problems). I will be keeping an eye on the LTZ interior.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    Agreed, my 2008 Silverado was an LT so it had the LT style dash (no problems). I will be keeping an eye on the LTZ interior.
    I haven't hear of any "Tahoe style" dashes cracking where I live, maybe a problem in areas that are a lot warmer.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

That is strange,,,,,I just received an email notice that someone just responded to this thread, yet I do not see the post

"f****7 has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled – Help convince me to stay loyal to Chevy despite the many bugs Suburbans have – in the Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL) forum of GMTC – Chevy Truck Forum."
    Last edited by Pikey; 01-16-2014 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector View Post
    That is strange,,,,,I just received an email notice that someone just responded to this thread, yet I do not see the post

"f***7 has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled – Help convince me to stay loyal to Chevy despite the many bugs Suburbans have – in the Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL) forum of GMTC – Chevy Truck Forum."
    the member that you mentioned did reply to this thread, along with 4 others threads, copy and pasting the same post to all of them. So, the multi posts were deleted as multiposting is frowned upon here because it clutters the forum. I also edited the members name from your post and mine to keep them semi anonymous. sorry for any inconvenience or frustration may have caused you.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Sr. Mechanic

When I was at the mechs. the other day with mine, he was diagnosing a ford 5.4,3 valve, and it seems that there was valve problems. The book calls for 22 hours to change the heads! 22 freaking hours to change heads??? :0 So he said that's $1300. in labor alone! What else is he going to find when he gets in there? I'll stick with my chevys!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Go ahead and get something else! If you don't come back, then it wasn't meant to be! It aint like your short on chevys to play with while you think about it!

Quote Originally Posted by zuki82 View Post
    When I was at the mechs. the other day with mine, he was diagnosing a ford 5.4,3 valve, and it seems that there was valve problems. The book calls for 22 hours to change the heads! 22 freaking hours to change heads??? :0 So he said that's $1300. in labor alone! What else is he going to find when he gets in there? I'll stick with my chevys!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Go ahead and get something else! If you don't come back, then it wasn't meant to be! It aint like your short on chevys to play with while you think about it!
    What does this have to do with multiple known problems the GM trucks have that I have mentioned?

Sr. Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Vector View Post
    What does this have to do with multiple known problems the GM trucks have that I have mentioned?
    REALLY?!?! Your whimpering about small stuff, so get a ford, and get ready for some REAL problems! You came to us, look at your title for this thread! I have a 06, its the newest vehicle I have ever owned, but you have a barnful, and cry about a cracked dash! GEEZ, talk about a spoiled brat!

Quote Originally Posted by zuki82 View Post
    REALLY?!?! Your whimpering about small stuff, so get a ford, and get ready for some REAL problems! You came to us, look at your title for this thread! I have a 06, its the newest vehicle I have ever owned, but you have a barnful, and cry about a cracked dash! GEEZ, talk about a spoiled brat!
    Aside from your obvious immaturity, it might behoove you to educate yourself with the facts of this discussion.

My two Subs PRIOR to 2007 do not have the same maladies. So it comes as no surprise that your 2006 is not having the cracked dash issue. If it were cracked, maybe you might be better able to empathize with those of us who do not want to pay to have a known factory defect fixed. The number of cars/trucks I own, nor my economic situation should bear any part in the fact that I do not like the fact that GM has this problem and is unwilling to fix it. H
    Heck a friend of mine who is very well off was always joking with me that I needed to buy an Escalade instead of a Suburban so I would not have these problems. I warned him that his dash was going to crack as well since all GM trucks/SUV's of this generation were cracking. Sure enough his has developed a crack in the same spot, and he is pissed off. He could buy a new SUV without thinking twice, yet he too does not want to get stuck with a $1000+ bill to fix his dash.

The bottom line is that while I prefer Chevy over Ford and suspect I always will, that does not mean I will be blindly loyal to a company. That plus them not only putting out a defective product, but then also making lame excuses as to why they will not fix an issue(i.e. used Armour All). If it takes loyal customers to buy different products such as Toyota for example, GM will have been penny wise and pound foolish.

Sr. Mechanic

Thanks for the laugh first thing in the AM. Maybe you should thing a little longer about how you title a thread!

I am glad I was able to brighten your morning. ;)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast