GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default strange starting issues

Hi all new guy here. I have my own business and my van is VERY important to me. Lately it's been acting up when I try to start it. It's a 2005 express 2500, V8. The problem started as a turn the ignition key and nothing happens. The starter did sound a little funny so I changed out the starter, This did nothing to fix the problem. So now if I turn the key all the way to start the van will not start, BUT, If i turn the key just half way (AUX) and wait a few seconds then turn it the rest of the way it will start fine. I also hear a kind of buzzing noise from under the steering wheel. Yesterday and today it stalled while i was driving. The check engine light is not on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

It may be the ignition switch going out.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

It could be the ignition switch. it could also be the factory security system. When it stalled did the security light turn on?

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    It could be the ignition switch. it could also be the factory security system. When it stalled did the security light turn on?
    thanks guys, will check the light next time it happens

j