GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    I live just south of Philadelphia, small community that sits on the Delaware River.

Question Looking for advice on a wheel cleaner and it has to be safe.

I need a wheel cleaner for my 1990 Chevy Silverado and it has 15" GM Rally wheels painted silver by my local body shop and they have chrome center caps and trim rings. I have a bottle of Black Magic Tinium wheel cleaner which says it safe for all wheels but I don't to find out the hard way their not telling the truth
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 010.jpg   SANY0238.jpg   3805198743804040_1.jpg  

http://ehow.com/way5835941 Wahoo my first URL!

2012 Silverado

3. Thanks JTWard thanked for this post

Try Windex. I have used that plenty of times before. It's not the best, as in, it may take several applications, but it works to break down the dirt and even dried bugs! I've used it on my grille and the front side of my side mirrors as well.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

The ring and center caps are stainless steel. The rims are painted, so anything that is safe to wash your truck with, will be safe to clean your rims with. How long has it been since they have been painted? it takes at least 6 weeks for your new paint to cure. You can not apply any wax or sealer until then, and you need to be gentle with them until the 6 week mark (just mild soap and warm water, and gentle rinse), That's the advice the body shop gave me after my repaint in October. By the way your truck looks grate.

Adams green wheel cleaner is pretty fantastic stuff, and its safe for paint.

Airaid. Borla. Blackbear. RCX.

The Squatcherado!

7. Thanks JTWard thanked for this post