GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default New from Arizona!

Hey everyone, names Kyle and just bought my third Chevy truck 2 days ago and I look forward to sharing my input and absorbing all of yours! Well my first Chevy was when I was in high school my dad came home with a beat up but strong running 1981 K10 single cab short bed with a 350 and a 3 speed manual, nothing excites a 16 year old more than that low range gear haha. Then a couple of years ago I bought a 1994 K1500 extended cab when I was stationed out in South Georgia and loved every minute of it! Had to move to California and there was nothing that even remotely looked like emissions control on that truck so I had to part with it. I went through a few projects since then but the other day I found a 1980 K10 Suburban and the price was right seeing that it came with a ready to bolt in spare 350! I've been going through it the last two days doing basic maintenance; plugs, oil, air cleaner, bulbs ect. And I cannot get over how much space is in the rear behind the second row seat! Well that's the extended version of my story, hope I didn't bore everyone to death!

I look forward to hearing from everyone!

Kyle

- - - Updated - - -

I will post a couple of pictures soon.
    Last edited by mfleetwood; 09-24-2013 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Removed photo bucket links

Legend

Blog Entries

Welcome to the Club!!!

Sorry for the delay in finding your post but it got caught up in our anti-spam tool due to your photo bucket links. I removed the links and your intro thread is now showing. If you'd still like to post some pictures, please upload them onto the site Album area in your profile and copy and paste from there.

Thanks Kyle!!!

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Welcome to the burban club! What part of Arizona? I'm near the 4 corners on the CO side
    Chuckie!!!

Welcome aboard. Crack open a nice cold one and stay a while. We are a very visual group! Looking forward to seeing some pictures and more posts from a fellow service member.

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

Welcome to the club
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

welcome to GMTC!

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)