GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by BHatton View Post
    I JUST got my NEW GM Goodwrench motor delivered on 9/27... It's a 5.7 vortec long block from Jegs (1999 K1500 Suburban), delivered with no core charge for just over $2000. I looked around and can't replace the truck for that and got the GM 3yr 100k warranty.
    The long block came pretty complete... just need my water pump, distributor and intake/exhaust manifolds (and of course sensors, flex plate, etc). I snapped off some of the exhaust studs trying to replace them, so just ordered new manifolds ($120 from Advance Auto for the pair with new gaskets, bolts, studs, etc).
    Hopefully I'll be back on the road by the end of this week...
    Summit Racing has the same motor for $2009, but they had a core charge and required return of the old long block. Since mine is all disassembled and just back from the machine shop (was only about $300 more for the new engine than for the machine work), I'll just take it alll to the scrap yard for weight and try to sell or give away anything that is still good.
    Just throwing it out there... Jegs was the best price and the engine was delivered in 2 days (free shipping).
    Because I live on a windy, dead-end street in the mountains, I met the delivery truck (18-wheeler) at a truck stop and he put the crate on my little flat trailer.
    Just curious, can you link to the page (or give the model number) for where the engine is listed on their website?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Jr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Just curious, can you link to the page (or give the model number) for where the engine is listed on their website?
    I'm REALLY sorry! I am just seeing this now. This is hte long block I used:
    http://www.jegs.com/i/Chevrolet+Perf...30282/10002/-1

I actually have not been terribly attentive to the forums and just logged back in to ask about a problem I'm having with the truck. I've been focusing on a Jeep project and the Dodge Durango I picked up to handle duties while the Suburban was "down"...
    Bob Hatton
    Stroudsburg, PA
    1999 Suburban K1500, 1992 GMC Jimmy
    1991 Suburban C2500, 1973 Chevy Blazer K15

Quote Originally Posted by BHatton View Post
    I JUST got my NEW GM Goodwrench motor delivered on 9/27... It's a 5.7 vortec long block from Jegs (1999 K1500 Suburban), delivered with no core charge for just over $2000. I looked around and can't replace the truck for that and got the GM 3yr 100k warranty.
    That is a good price. Just for the heck of it I priced out a 5.3L L59 long block. The best I can find is a rebuild and they want $8,000 on jegs or summit. I can get it directly from GM for $3,500

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12