GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If all that was done to lift it was use different keys then you could easily buy stock ones or aftermarket ones to lower the front end some. Most lifts I have seen involve a lot more modification of the suspension and control arms. From what it looks like the front suspension looks totally stock minus the keys.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

I thought stock chevy suspension comes with springs instead on the actual shocks?

- - - Updated - - -

So you think it was a torsion key lift? I think there might be 2-4 inch lift, stock there is 8 inch clearance my truck with tires has 18.5 with 18 for tires and them muddying tires

I would assume most stock chevy trucks and burbs come with all shocks and/or air suspension, not springs.

The 2003 trucks were torsion bar not coil spring. So yes I think they installed a 2-4 inch kit but cranked it up to further increase the clearance, yet that likely only made the CV angle worse. In theory you can try to crank your keys down to reduce the height.

I know they're different years, but this is what my CV's look like with no load. My truck rides at a factory height. When loaded the CV is pretty much horizontal.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Yea from the pics it looks like they used lift keys and cranked it as high as they could.
    Before investing money in parts try cranking the torsion bars down some.
    Before making any adjustments park the truck on a flat surface, measure from the top of the tire to the bottom edge of the wheel well, make a note of the measurements.
    Crank the torsion bars down in equal increments on both sides, the amount of turns will be guess work, Id probably start with two or three turns.
    Drop the truck back down on a flat surface and check the measurement on both tires, then check the angle on the cv's.
    This gonna be trial and error to get the right tire clearance, keep the measurements equal from side to side, and get the cv's to an angle they can survive with.

Thank heavens for pictures!

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12