GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

sorry for my absence guys! turns out the issue was a bad ignition module. when i pulled the old one out i could see some corrosion on the prongs where the connector goes. ever since i replaced that it has been fine! WOOO! lol also we put on a new exhaust since it had none and was stupid loud. we just did a straight pipe off of the downpipe to a universal muffler we got online and did a side exit right behind the cab. still pretty loud but a ton better then what it was. My buddy also got bored and started rattle canning the exterior with primer (since it was about 10 different colors) so at least now its one color. will get some pics soon for you guys. Another question, my buddy wants to hook up a tack since there isnt one. how would we go about doing that on this truck?

The coil mounts to the top of the dizzy right? If so, you can get an accel tach install pigtail from the local autozone or oreillys to plug into it to make it all but plug and play

Good to hear about the module
    Chuckie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BurbanMan View Post
    The coil mounts to the top of the dizzy right? If so, you can get an accel tach install pigtail from the local autozone or oreillys to plug into it to make it all but plug and play

Good to hear about the module
    the coil actually mounts like under the intake manifold. not sure if that will work

IIRC, the 2.5L in the old S-10s was the "iron duke".

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead899 View Post
    the coil actually mounts like under the intake manifold. not sure if that will work
    Oh yeah. That's right. I'll do some homework and fin my wiring diagram for the 2.5 I used to have.

Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    IIRC, the 2.5L in the old S-10s was the "iron duke".
    Yes it is

Yes it is
    It was amazing that GM put that engine into a LOT of vehicles, including a Camaro!!!!

The Iron Duke was a very sturdy engine, but it almost sounded like a diesel it rattled so badly.

Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    It was amazing that GM put that engine into a LOT of vehicles, including a Camaro!!!!

The Iron Duke was a very sturdy engine, but it almost sounded like a diesel it rattled so badly.
    It actually is the engine in most USPS Mail Trucks because they are built on a modified S-10 frame. Most of those trucks are all still on the road after 25+ years of use.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

The green wire goes to te white wire coming off the ignition coil.

The green wire goes to te white wire coming off the ignition coil.
    awesome! thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead899 View Post
    awesome! thanks man
    anytime. I try