GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by
Results 11 to 20 of 24
  1. #11

    Default

    sorry for my absence guys! turns out the issue was a bad ignition module. when i pulled the old one out i could see some corrosion on the prongs where the connector goes. ever since i replaced that it has been fine! WOOO! lol also we put on a new exhaust since it had none and was stupid loud. we just did a straight pipe off of the downpipe to a universal muffler we got online and did a side exit right behind the cab. still pretty loud but a ton better then what it was. My buddy also got bored and started rattle canning the exterior with primer (since it was about 10 different colors) so at least now its one color. will get some pics soon for you guys. Another question, my buddy wants to hook up a tack since there isnt one. how would we go about doing that on this truck?

  2. #12

    Default

    The coil mounts to the top of the dizzy right? If so, you can get an accel tach install pigtail from the local autozone or oreillys to plug into it to make it all but plug and play

    Good to hear about the module
    Chuckie!!!


  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurbanMan View Post
    The coil mounts to the top of the dizzy right? If so, you can get an accel tach install pigtail from the local autozone or oreillys to plug into it to make it all but plug and play

    Good to hear about the module
    the coil actually mounts like under the intake manifold. not sure if that will work

  4. #14

    Default

    IIRC, the 2.5L in the old S-10s was the "iron duke".

    2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab


    Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GearHead899 View Post
    the coil actually mounts like under the intake manifold. not sure if that will work
    Oh yeah. That's right. I'll do some homework and fin my wiring diagram for the 2.5 I used to have.

    Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    IIRC, the 2.5L in the old S-10s was the "iron duke".
    Yes it is

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurbanMan View Post
    Yes it is
    It was amazing that GM put that engine into a LOT of vehicles, including a Camaro!!!!

    The Iron Duke was a very sturdy engine, but it almost sounded like a diesel it rattled so badly.

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    It was amazing that GM put that engine into a LOT of vehicles, including a Camaro!!!!

    The Iron Duke was a very sturdy engine, but it almost sounded like a diesel it rattled so badly.
    It actually is the engine in most USPS Mail Trucks because they are built on a modified S-10 frame. Most of those trucks are all still on the road after 25+ years of use.

    1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

    Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

  8. #18

    Default

    The green wire goes to te white wire coming off the ignition coil.

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurbanMan View Post
    The green wire goes to te white wire coming off the ignition coil.
    awesome! thanks man

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GearHead899 View Post
    awesome! thanks man
    anytime. I try

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •