GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 24 of 24
  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post
    It actually is the engine in most USPS Mail Trucks because they are built on a modified S-10 frame. Most of those trucks are all still on the road after 25+ years of use.
    The Iron Duke was a very sturdy engine, just that they were rather underpowered for a sports car type application.

    The only knocks on the Iron Duke was they sometimes leaked oil and were really noisy.

    When they were in their heyday in the mid 80s, the Iron Duke was a REALLY noisy engine. By 1990, the Iron Duke became for less noisy.

    As long as you changed the oil in the Iron Duke, it would run until the body crumbled around it.

    2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab


    Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

  2. #22
    Master Mechanic BurbanMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Dolores, CO
    Posts
    809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    The Iron Duke was a very sturdy engine, just that they were rather underpowered for a sports car type application. The only knocks on the Iron Duke was they sometimes leaked oil and were really noisy. When they were in their heyday in the mid 80s, the Iron Duke was a REALLY noisy engine. By 1990, the Iron Duke became for less noisy. As long as you changed the oil in the Iron Duke, it would run until the body crumbled around it.
    iron duke was aroun in the 70's in a smaller displacement form. There was a guy in Muskogee running in the 4cylinder sprint car class using a 2.5 I don't know what he did to it but it ran like a raped ape!
    Chuckie!!!


  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurbanMan View Post
    iron duke was aroun in the 70's in a smaller displacement form. There was a guy in Muskogee running in the 4cylinder sprint car class using a 2.5 I don't know what he did to it but it ran like a raped ape!
    LOL, I don't know how fast a "raped" ape is, but it sounds pretty fast.

    2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab


    Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

  4. #24
    Master Mechanic BurbanMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Dolores, CO
    Posts
    809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    LOL, I don't know how fast a "raped" ape is, but it sounds pretty fast.
    lol there's only one way for you to find out. Your on your own with that experiment
    Chuckie!!!


Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •