GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The RAS seems like a great solution and as others have said get great reviews. I only have experience with the Firestone industrial Airbags and think they are great. That bieng said the RAS system is something I would consider if I didnt already have bags.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

The RAS is on my Bucket List!
    2010 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB (Silver) 4x4, ReadyLift 2.5" Level Kit, 305/60/18 Dick Cepek Mud Country, Go Rhino Nerf Bars, Husky Liners front and rear, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, SCT Programmer.

Sr. Mechanic

You have 2,200 pounds of payload as indicated by the yellow and white sticker on your driver's door jam? It's located under the tire sizes and says something as follows-The passengers and cargo for this vehicle shall not exceed XXXX?

What does it say?

My towing cap is 9400, but ive yet to come close to that, my tractor is 4200 & trailer around 2000 & my truck will squat like a baby. Even with ton of gravel its obvious. Im actually looking to buy a 2500 when/if guy makes up his mind..
    Beige 03 2500 4x4 4dr xcab auto

Sr. Mechanic

Your right-you will not come close to your towing capacity in a half-ton. YOUR PAYLOAD is different from the towing capacity. On a half-ton truck YOU WILL ALWAYS RUN OUT OF PAYLOAD before your TOWING CAPACITY.

As a general rule you can't tow the maximum the manual states because you will run out of payload first. A ton of gravel is overloading your truck. I am guessing your payload is not more than 1500 pounds.

Yeah, & this (gravel) was also on a trailer. I paid for a ton but it was one scoop...so how will this system or how much should this system allow me to pull/haul? I had to get another hitch with higher ball mount to keep trailer jack from scrubbing ground....The most I would pull is a 4200 tractor with 800lb mower on a 2k trailer so my tongue weight shouldn't be exceeded.
    Beige 03 2500 4x4 4dr xcab auto

Quote Originally Posted by Necred View Post
    Yeah, & this (gravel) was also on a trailer. I paid for a ton but it was one scoop...so how will this system or how much should this system allow me to pull/haul? I had to get another hitch with higher ball mount to keep trailer jack from scrubbing ground....The most I would pull is a 4200 tractor with 800lb mower on a 2k trailer so my tongue weight shouldn't be exceeded.
    This system will help your truck actually handle and utilize what its rated for, if you go to http://www.activesuspension.com/ the RAS website they explain how RAS works and what it can improve. They truly have all the answers you need and if you still have questions you can call them and talk to an associate.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Quote Originally Posted by Necred View Post
    Nothing will allow you to legally pull/haul more than what your truck is rated for. My bags are rated for 5000lbs but my payload limit is only around half that. On a trailer most the weight is not on the truck so it just has to help level from the tongue weight.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12