GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Hello from Whidbey Island, WA

Just picked up my very first GM after a short list of Ford trucks. Its a '89 GMC Suburban with a 5.7L, 700R4 trans and 4x4. I picked it up with no cancer on her but some very minor surface rust and decent paint. The 1st owner lifted it 3" and put mag rims and 33x12.5x15 A/Ts. Now the bad... The head liner was drooping and the PO thought that Duct tape was the way to fix it, the carpet in the rear was soaked which gave off a real musty smell but no rust on the body which gives me a great reason to line -x the aft! The muffler looks as if someone suck an M80 on the left side and lit it so it is a bit loud, in a bad way. Been on LMC for a bit and looking at a new front carpet kit, dash, gauges, and window rubber. Ill post up some pics tomorrow since it is dark now. So far I am pleased and ready to bring this baby back to glory and also make it one mean trail blazin rig. -Mike-

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing more posts. Are you stationed in Whidbey Island or just live there?

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

Been stationed here since 09/09 until 09/15. do you ask because you have been stationed here or know of someone who has? Weather just changed from a really long summer so I feel its going to be a pretty bad winter. Pics will be up soon.

Welcome to the club
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Thanks! still looking around here but lots of great Info!

I have a good bit of friends stationed there with a squadron.

Oh, right on. What squadron? Whats your story?

Not sure on the squadron. I'm on the Dwight D Eisenhower in dry dock in Portsmouth, Va. Would love to be attached to a squadron though. I catch the birds lol. I'm undesignated working as an ABE.

- - - Updated - - -

One is actually with VAQ 129 as a PR

Nice, I am in VAQ 132 playing AD. 129 is in the hangar across the way from us. What do you want to strike for a rate?

Welcome to GMTC!

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Crew Cab "All-Star Edition"

Line-X'd Bed
    Line-X'd Custom Brush Guard(Heavy Duty)
    5.3L Flex Fuel
    275/65R18 Toyo Open Country AT2's
    2" Rough Country Leveling Kit(want to get the 2.5 RC kit)
    EGR In-Channel Vent Visors
    Exterior PLUS Package
    Interior PLUS Package
    K&N Drop-In Air Filter
    ProFlaps
    Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
    Black Bowties
    Diablo Sport Predator(AFM Disabled)
    ProFlaps
    Towing Mirrors
    Next Planned Mods
    Blacked out Tail Lights