GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
  1. General Information
    2500HD Chevy
    Chevy
    Silverado
    Black

My dad and did a complete off the frame restoration with this truck. We took the whole body off, sandblasted and repainted the frame and started putting everything back together. The only original parts body wise on the truck are the front quarter panels and the cab. The rest including the hood, doors, and bed were all off of different trucks. The restoration took about a year and I now drive it daily except in the winter because my dad wont let me drive with salt on the roads.

Modifications

Exterior was professionally custom painted

Interior was professionally custom made

In-Car Entertainment.. I have an aftermarket radio and speakers. I also have a green toggle switch to turn on green neons under the truck.

Under the hood it is the stock 5.7L engine, but it was completely taken apart by my dad and I and the block was bored out and had bigger piston heads put in. Also the valve covers, all the pulleys, both fans, a couple brackets, both engine and trans dipstick tubes, and the air cleaner were all painted the lime green to match the truck.

Suspension wise, it has one-ton leaf springs in the back with brake drums and we put new shocks both on the front and back.

Wheel and Tire wise I have Pacer rims and Hankook Dynapro ATM tires that are LT285/75R16

Comments: 3 / Views: 680

Mean Green! That is something I want to do with my rig but as a daily driver I doubt that will happen any time soon. Nice job to you and your pops.

Thanks it took a while to complete but now that its done I drive it about daily and turn a lot of heads.

That truck is beautiful! I wish I could do that much work on my old girl. I want to start color matching the white and eventually paint the block to look like a classic small block.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door