GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default cruise doesn't work, replaced complete stalk, no help, what is next????

Well, it took me almost a year, but I finally installed the new turn signal combo stalk in place of the old, but it did not fix the cruise control problem, as I hoped it would. Here are the symptoms...at cruising speed, I push the CC tab, and the "cruise" light comes on the dash. I then push the "set" button, and it does not set. The "cruise" light remains on. What is the next logical point of failure? BTW..., fuses are fine (pulled and replaced with new just in case, all lights operate, brake lights are all on when pedal is pressed, and there are no other issues. Thanks! Jim
    Last edited by buckmeister2; 09-27-2013 at 05:35 PM. Reason: forgot something...
    Las Vegas, NV...2001 Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Stepside X-cab, 171,000 miles, 5.3, cat-back duals, leveling kit, 3.73, 17" rims, more to come...

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by buckmeister2 View Post
    Well, it took me almost a year, but I finally installed the new turn signal combo stalk in place of the old, but it did not fix the cruise control problem, as I hoped it would. Here are the symptoms...at cruising speed, I push the CC tab, and the "cruise" light comes on the dash. I then push the "set" button, and it does not set. The "cruise" light remains on. What is the next logical point of failure? BTW..., fuses are fine (pulled and replaced with new just in case, all lights operate, brake lights are all on when pedal is pressed, and there are no other issues. Thanks! Jim
    this has been a problem with a very few owners. the unit under the hood was N/G...