GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Sr. Apprentice

Default New guy from. Texas

Hey guys, introducing my self. I am usually a SQUAREBODY GUY. I have a GMC 1987 LW. That I am building! but I came across this truck and couldn't resistering the deal. Has 249k but runs like a champ, strong as new....in fact I took out the original plugs, and the numbers on the plugs (AC) didn't even come up in the. Orielys computer.... Had like a 1/4 gap, AND STILL RAN GOOD. I got this truck from the original owner , wife knows her... Truck was only ran with MOBILE 1 SYN oil through its whole life.... Tranny was built in 2008. The interior is in almost pristeen condition, with the exception of the knobs are rotting off the radio and the front speakers are blown. Other than that. Had to replace the fuel pump sender because the gas gauge didnt work. Had to replace the 4x4 switch, was never used... Had to replace the original muffler... Planning on SEVERAL MORE 100k miles on his truck

Welcome to the site, Jeff!

Be sure to make a garage for each truck and post some pics.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Legend

Blog Entries

Welcome to the Club!!!

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Welcome to the club
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Sounds like one helluva ride partner!! There's quite a few of us Texas boys on here, welcome to the family!

Looking forward to seeing your truck and watching it progress!!

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

Welcome
    When you get a chance-PICTURES?
    Say where in TX is Angleton??
    I'm in a suburb of New Orleans-but I drive across TX- I-20- I-635E ring road-Hy 287 -I-40 on way to Flagstaff AZ- maybe 20 times over the years-You have nice roads-great rest stops.
    Nice state-DESPITE be filled with TEXANS! Just kidding-Texans seem to be better than average polite drivers-nice folks.Great rest stops last I was thru-2008(we sleep at rest stops-HY 287-Hardeman county-12 times over the years). Hotter than hell of course( DFW worse than new orleans)
    Fair number of Texans here.
    Give us some pictures when you get a chance.
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA