GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default New Sway Bar Bushings

I installed a sway bar bushing and end-link kit from Energy Suspension today. I figured I would post some before and after pictures. I haven't driven it yet to see what difference it made. I'll see when I go to work in the morning. After working outside all day, then working on the truck for two hours in the Texas sun, I just don't feel like going for a drive, haha. I'll be sure and post what improvements I notice once I drive it for a while.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:
    Matt
    Hallsville, TX

2005 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 5.3L 2WD
    K&N FIPK II
    Magnaflow Exhaust
    Hypertech Max Energy Programmer
    Suspension Leveling Kit
    Putco Element Window Visors
    Carriage Works Billet Grille
    TruXedo TruXport Tonneau Cover

I just thought my truck looked funny with both front wheels off....

Nice pics, I'm definately curious to hear how well it handles with the new bushings. Not only during hard driving/cornering, but normal driving as well. I've been thinking about upgrading the front/rear sway bars at some point, but I may just do the bushings, like I did on my last car.

Oh, and don't forget to add that polyurethane grease/lube. Those poly bushings will squeak like crazy without that stuff.

2009 GMC Sierra Denali AWD

After driving for a couple days with the new bushings, I can definitely notice a difference. It's not an extreme improvement, but the handling definitely feels tighter. There is less body roll when cornering. I took several turns more quickly than normal, and it handled very well...squealed the tires a little . It gave it a much better feel. Overall, I think it was definitely worth the $40 (kit was about $30, tax and shipping brought it to $40). After I ordered the kit from www.energysuspensionparts.com , I found out that AutoZone carries Energy Suspension products. If you have one of those near you, you might see if they have what you need. It would save you some $$ in shipping.

Very nice, and I guess you can't beat the price! I've always sorta wondered how some of the aftermarket swaybar kits would compare vs. just replacing the bushings. I mean, its cheaper and easier to install.

As long as our OEM sway bars aren't physically bending too much, the bushings should be making the biggest difference. Especially once you get some miles on the cheap factory rubber bushings.

nice dude!!
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

How long did it take to do the project?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    How long did it take to do the project?
    I think it took me a little over 2 hours. Now that I've done it once, it would probably only take me about an hour to do again. The main thing to remember is not to tighten anything down until you have everything in place!! Also, getting that last end-link in there is a tight fit! Overall, it wasn't a difficult job and I'm VERY pleased with the results