GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 98 k1500 starting problem

About 3 months ago i replace my fuel pump .now if the truck sets more than 3 hours i have to prime the pump with the key 3 times before the truck will start. i dont want to have to take the pump out again. any ideals will help thanks crazyforgms

Whats fuel system pressure at the injectors when this happens?
    The fuel pump builds pressure, the regulatior holds system pressure when the vehicle isnt running.
    I'd look furyher upline in the fuel system for the answer.

thank i was thing the same thing i needed a another thought on it the truck has over 215.000 miles on it.were is the fuel regulator located? thanks for the help crazyforgms

thanks for the help today I work on old blue & replaced the fuel regulator while working on my truck i found out why my truck was showing check engine light code po446 evap purge valve it was un plug .so fare the truck starts on the first crank of the key & no check engine light . i couldn't fix it with out help from this form Thank you Crazyforgms

5. Likes 08_rado_rocker liked this post

Glad someone on here was able to help ya bud! Keep it running strong!

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

Glad the fix was simple
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member