GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Long Time Gone!

Default Long Time Gone!

Hey everyone!

I haven't been on here in what seems like forever!

Thought I'd grace y'all with my presence once again haha! How has everything been going around here lately!?

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

2. Likes ChevyFan liked this post

Welcome Back! Lact I remeber you had an issue with the drop kit that was installed. Did you ever get it remedied?

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Welcome back, we kept the light on for you though.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

5. Likes 08_rado_rocker liked this post

Haha! that sure was thoughtful of ya Steve! Very uhh... heartwarming. lol

And yes, I got the suspension fixed up. The guys (to this day) denied having put fake McGaughy's parts on my truck, so I just cut my losses. I ordered new spindles, springs, and shocks straight from the guys at McGaughy's and installed them at our shop. The alignment was so bad i actually had to have it towed to Sears (which proved to be a mistake as well) lol.

Billy and I drove to Waco to pick up four engine blocks after having it aligned by them and the day after we got back, I noticed what felt like a "release of pressure" in my front end when I would stop and then let off the brakes. We jacked up the front end and upon inspection, found that the bolt that holds the camber was left loose. SCARY! They owned up to the mistake, fully refunded my money, the cost of 3 towing bills, AND paid for the alignment at a locally infamous shop.

From the time Da Drop Shop put on my rear flip kit, I had an issue with the ride quality, and we just recently remedied that part of it by putting the McGaughy's shocks on it and completely cutting off the bump stop mounts from the frame. Now.. I know what you're thinking... and no.. as of right now I can't use my truck at all for hauling haha. Planning on fixing that issue within the next month with some air bag helpers with an on-board compressor! But it sure does ride nice!

...that got long in a hurry.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130914_072819_670.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	55343 This is how he sits now.. I need to update his thread on here. Also have the Truxedo roll up cover that I won on here put on!