GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default I have a couple questions

Nice site and hope to be a regular since I have a "sub" now. Its a 1997 Suburban 1500 4x4
    What does the "SLT Package" mean?
    Is it safe to pull a trailer weighing 3400lbs in overdrive? The manual says i can, but really not sure.
    I have a clicking type sound in the front end at very slow speeds...any ideas? Its louder in 4x4
    I really never worried about towing before because i had a old school SUB that had a big Bloack and 400 tranny. This small block with OD tranny scares me a little.

Pulling a 3400# trailer in OD should be no problem, I do recommend trailer brakes if you dont have them.
    Clicking sound from the front sounds like you have a CV going bad, take a look at the CV's soon they can cause damage when they go.

Thanks for the quick reply.

It also has another problem, the fan switch for heat and a/c only works on high. I was wondering can you get only the fan switch you do you have to buy the cluster of climate controls?

fan switch problem is most likely a blower resistor issue. The low speeds always go out in them, it's a fairly common porblem. I wanna say a new one is rather cheap and it should be easy. If I remember correctly it should be under the hood right next to the blower.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

Well i think i might have a crap truck. I went to drive it today and the windows would not go down unless the driver put them down. I checked the switch to lock the windows and it was on normal.
    Once again, any ideas...lol