GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: air compressor

Default air compressor

I want a small air compressor for my rig but not one of the 10 dollar ones that break after 3 uses. But I dont want one that costs 200 $ either.
    I want a sturdy metal compressor, dont need hoses on it, I can put those on. 12 volt. ANy product ideas???

What do you plan on using the compressor for? Air tools? Just to inflate a tire?

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

just for tires
    this one has the best reviews VIAIR 85P Portable Air Compressor

but I need a socket that wont blow a fuse. Where can I get a 20 amp socket that I can hard wire to the battery ,about 6 ft away..??
    Last edited by 9191gmc; 09-30-2013 at 09:12 PM.

Sr. Mechanic

the first thing I always do to a truck is get marine battery terminals! That way you can add on all sorts of gadgets! Then you can get a acc. jack that is weather proof and mount it under the grill someplace or under the hood! You can get both of these things from any parts store!