GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Any word on the 2015 Duramaxes?

I know they will have the new body style that the 1500's have now, but are they going to be 6.6L or 6.0L and are they going to still have the 6 speed or an 8 speed?

I think for the intro year they will have 6 speed trannys and the 6.6L dmax or have the gas options of the 6.0 and 6.2 depending on what you want.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

From https://www.chevrolet.com/2015-silverado-2500hd-heavy-duty-truck.html

DURAMAX + ALLISON = 765 LB-FT OF TORQUE

PROVEN POWER

The new Silverado HD gets its heavy-duty power from proven sources, including the legendary available Duramax® Turbo-Diesel V8 mated to the legendary Allison® 6-speed automatic transmission. With 765 lb-ft of torque under your right foot, it’s a beast of burden. The standard powertrain is our VortecTM 6.0L V8. Want to run LPG/CNG? The 2015 Silverado 2500 will also be available with a VortecTM 6.0L V8 featuring hardened valve seats to allow the use of SFI Compressed Natural Gas.

The duallies look great but still way too much chrome on the fronts of the Silverados. Overall, I like them.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!