GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Renewing Quad Headlights 1992 Blazer

I need to renew my headlights as they have corroded reflectors & 1 of the lenses is cracked. I have the quad headlight setup (assume it's original - just bought the truck recently).
    Because I'm in Germany, any replacements must be STREET LEGAL i.e. they must have the required e-markings (EU Approved). Ideally I want to keep the quad set up. Having trouble finding new replacements.
    Looked at various websites, having trawled through this forum & still unsure how to solve my problem.

www.stylintrucks.com have "replacement factory style headlights" - are they legal for European use? They are also the single headlight type(2 per vehicle). BTW they also have "Composite" headlights - what are they?

www.mytightride.com also have some trick headlights but again I'm unsure of their legality for use in Europe?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Legend

is this an s10 blazer or a K1500 blazer, because i am not sure there is a quad headlight for an s10 blazer, pics would be great
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

Default Renewing Quad Headlights 1992 Blazer

It's the Full Size aka K1500 not an S10....
    Steve - Germany
    Chevy Blazer1992 5.7l V8 TBI
    Porsche Boxster S 2001
    Custom Harley Davidson Evo 1340cc

Default Renewing Quad Headlights 1992 FS K1500 Blazer

I've attached a pic FYI....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blazer V8 TBI 02.JPG  
    Steve - Germany
    Porsche Boxster S 2001

look in LMCtruck.com im sure they probably have it for ya
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

Few in the US know the specifics about export models. I read an article about EU export Corvettes some while ago, and was surprised by the number of changes, some quite subtle.
    A "composite" headlight is one like you have... A lens and reflector assembly with a hole/s for a replaceable lamp/s. This style can be individually designed for each car model. In older days, they used standardized "sealed beam" headlights... the lamp filament is integral with the lens/reflector assembly.
    I'm not sure what an e-marking looks like, in the US we look for the "DOT" (Department of Transportation) mark along the margin of the lens. Are your lenses DOT marked? Is there any sort of identifying number? Doesn't your truck pre-date the EU? The big question: Is there a difference between the lens/reflector units on your truck and the US replacements available on-line (LMC or e-Bay)? Unfortunately, you may not know without actually having the new unit in your hands for comparison. Good Luck!
    Last edited by zippy; 06-26-2008 at 12:05 PM. Reason: spellling eror
    Are we having fun, yet?

Legend

Go to ebay buddy, you can get diamond, euro clear and black headlights and blinkers for pretty cheap and these are the same as what you have, i cant imagine they are different from the US model since the one you have would have been shipped over anyway, you can also get the composite swap out for your truck on ebay so you dont have to have the sealed beam anymore
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

E markings are generally a letter E with a number enclosed in a circle, for example E1. There are numerous e markings depending on the function of the light, i.e. indicator, fog, etc. I'm assuming the headlights were fitted after it was imported into Germany because the original one piece ones were not EU compliant. They are from Bosch 80mm x 140mm. The outer pair are for dip beam, the inner for main beam. Unfortunately they aren't listed in the Bosch lighting catalogs. I have checked with the TuV (German vehicle test agency) & they confirm that headlights without an e-marking are NOT street legal here, so WILL fail the bi-annual vehicle test. Not good! I saw a post here from a guy in Belgium maybe he knows???

Oh & thanks for the LMCtruck.com info Pete95Sierra!!
    Steve - Germany
    Porsche Boxster S 2001

You can't be the only person with E-approved 80 x 140mm headlights. Keep your eyes open for any European vehicles with the same size headlight assemblies. When you locate one, then get your new lights based on that vehicle.
    Are we having fun, yet?