GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Radio and front door speakers

Hello all, New member and most of all I'm not here to gripe. I love my 2007 Silverado. Great mileage, great ride and does everything I ask for in a truck. I do have an issue though that I need help with. Recently I've been driving my truck more and have noticed that there is no bass coming from the front door speakers. From what I can tell there are some big speakers inside but when rotating the balance to Front, I only hear the very highest sounds from the tweeters. I have the standard AM/FM CD radio without USB or Itouch capability. And both speakers (doors) sound the same. Sure appreciate the help on where the issue might be.thanks,

That is very odd... I've always preferred my stock door speakers to aftermarkets on my silverado! Is there any kinda distortion or can you hear them "attempt" to bass?

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Did you buy it new or used?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by classic_r90s View Post
    Hello all, New member and most of all I'm not here to gripe. I love my 2007 Silverado. Great mileage, great ride and does everything I ask for in a truck. I do have an issue though that I need help with. Recently I've been driving my truck more and have noticed that there is no bass coming from the front door speakers. From what I can tell there are some big speakers inside but when rotating the balance to Front, I only hear the very highest sounds from the tweeters. I have the standard AM/FM CD radio without USB or Itouch capability. And both speakers (doors) sound the same. Sure appreciate the help on where the issue might be.thanks,
    each door has 2 speakers. the larger speaker is very cheap / poor design. buy new speakers to replace these. I got some speakers many years ago because the driver side speaker large one stopped working. coil was open.

Quote Originally Posted by j cat View Post
    each door has 2 speakers. the larger speaker is very cheap / poor design. buy new speakers to replace these. I got some speakers many years ago because the driver side speaker large one stopped working. coil was open.
    This^^^^^

but also check to see if for some reason the large front speakers are disconnected
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

No, the bass is totally silent on the fronts.

- - - Updated - - -

bought new, they used to work.

Better than mine. I bought it new, the rear speakers were barely audible and had zero bass. I took it back to the dealer (JBA Chevrolet) in Glen Burnie Md. they said they all sound like that. About a year later they stopped working completely. Typical GM garbage and poor dealer support.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Find a local junk yard or if you have a GOOD speaker in your house . Take your door panels offf and check the leads first.. If no sound on the extra speaker then you will have to look for the factory amp or radio..

I replaced my speakers due to popping and squealing. When I took my front door speakers out the woofer cone was competely disintegrated. Cheap paper speakers. I also replaced the cheapo dual hu the po installed. I ended up installing a kenwood excelon hu, infinity kappas in the front amd infinity reference in the rear. Sounds amazing now.
    "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week."
    George S. Patton

I had a problem with my rear speakers not working. Did some research and fond that many folks has had this problem with the front and or rear speakers.
    I had several speakers laying around so I I exchanged them. Now it sounds better than it did when I got it.
    In closure it apparently is a GM problem with these mexican made speakers.
    Easy to do.