GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

thanks Pikey. ill keep a look out

- - - Updated - - -

guy at the quick lube said my front drive shaft had some play in it. i don't know if that's it or not, but a t case service is gonna be about 100 dollars plus new drain and fill plugs so im not sure when thatll happen but maybe i can figure it out before then.
    02 2500hd 8.1/Allison.

Legend

the fill / drain plugs should be torqued to 15 ft lbs max. the fill plug is always removed first. you use 6 point sockets with NO tapered edges if the plug like the ones on a manual actuated transfer case has. never seen a 2002 with a manual 4wd transfercase . this old type transfercase does use dexron transmission fluid. the auto transfer cases use the trac II. the manual transfer cases are more reliable . you could have gear/bearing issues with that sound.front gear box my guess.

on filling I use a hand powered quart sized pump with a hose on the end. I also use this when I fill the differentials and the lower unit on my alpha 1 ...

they had too put in a new oil drain lug as it had been rounded off as well, and a few days later it suddenly leaks oil..... we had it and drove it for a week before the going to the quick lube. guess itll be going back...
    02 2500hd 8.1/Allison.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234