GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Acadia HVAC control button repair.

Don't know if this has been posted anywhere but I just wanted to share this for those of us with worn, chipped control buttons. I found a set of overlays to cover up the original buttons. Don't know how long they'll last but they are a definite improvement over what they were, and a sight cheaper than replacing the whole unit!

Original

Overlays

Prep

Repaired

Nighttime

They only thing I'm not happy about is the instructions said to scrape of the center of the button, which I did, but I didn't need to remove so much of it since the backlighting shows through more than I'd like.

Here's the link:
    http://controlbuttonrenu.com/
    Adam

That's an awesome product!

As far as scraping off the old stuff already goes... I'm assuming these were pretty cheap right? (I haven't looked) You could just order another set, tear off the ones you previously installed, but before you put the new overlay on, try using a sharpie on the areas that are bleeding through?

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

Cool product! Especially for your application, I am sure that those switches would cost you more than $45. I did look at the site. They have button covers for my radio for $45. I would not buy them considering that I can buy a set of new buttons for $50.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)