GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post
    I just read an article about it and really both sides acted wrong, the SUV driver had merged on the highway dangerously and the original biker was trying to tell the man to calm down and then both sides took each others actions wrong and it just kept getting worse. The driver shouldn't of run over the biker and the bikers should not of beat him or damaged the car that escalated the situation. When I first heard of it I though it was just a random act of violence, but its really just every one not thinking before acting.
    I have to disagree only because of the number of videos I have seen on this group (on that day and others) and it shows a pattern of behavior. After the mob first assembled on the vehicle with a known tactic of brake checking to stop someone, the SUV driver was in fear for his safety and had every right to get the hell out of their. the videos that are posted on liveleak show no such dangerous driving by the SUV driver leading up to the initial incident.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

2. Likes ChevyFan liked this post

Screw motorcycle riders, I don't care who you are. Crap like what is seen in the video is unacceptable. Riders are always all like,"Whaaa, watch out for us!" "Share the road with us!!" bla bla bla, cry some more. And they go and do stupid stuff like gang up on people, ride down the shoulder in stop-and-go traffic (illegal) and park in the striped areas next to handicapped parking (also illegal). Riders are always asking for other motorists to repsect them and the riders don't follow the rules of the road or even common decency. I don't put up with hypocracy. Sorry, if you ask me, I couldn't care less about motorcylce riders. If something like what is seen in the video were to happen to me, every one of those fools would get shot.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

4. Likes ChevyFan liked this post

These arent your typical bike riders. Most of the bikes had no plates, ATVs etc. Like I said these gangs go around disrupting traffic and damaging vehicles often.

Someone posted one of the original videos on youtube again as they were all pulled down shortly after incident (hmm I wonder why). No evidence of the Rover doing anything dangerous to start it. If he did why did the guy with the main video edit it out as well as the beating they put on the guy at the end. The guy in the land rover stopped after he bumped the guy (who did it on purpose) and took off after they started hitting his car and slashing tires. They were celebrating their anniversary and he had his wife and 2 year old daughter in the car. No where does it show he was being reckless to start the incident. The driver of the SUV has every right to protect his family from a bunch of thugs. Everything points to this gang doing what they commonly do.

Embedding for video is disabled but link works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ukdkgLYYbw&feature

Last edited by dsfloyd; 10-03-2013 at 01:04 PM.

6. Likes ChevyFan liked this post

Occasionally we get some groups like this down near the city. You will be driving down the freeway at 70mph with a car next to you and 5-6 A$$Hats on a motorcycles come screaming in between you and the car next to you, nearly decapitating themselves with my side mirror. The result is usually one of two things, first, you see them a mile down the road laying on the ground after they smeared their rear ends across the pavement for 1/2 a mile after a wreck or second, the cops have them pulled over two miles down the road. We have some real biker gangs in the area also. The Highway men, outlaws, and renegades are 1%er biker gangs in the area. you don't want to mess with them, but they are also respectful. They actually have been known to stop violent acts at public gatherings. if they were around for this they probably would have stepped in. Every year they call all of the "presidents" of so called mc clubs like this to a meeting. Then they proceed to beat the hell out of them and destroy their bikes.you would figure that these guys would catch on, or maybe they have, but you don't tell these guys "no"

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

8. Likes ChevyFan liked this post
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Being a driver in the NJ/NY area every night I do about 65-70 in my Big Truck They race by doing 90+ Without a Care in the world..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

From that extended video it looks like they broke so many laws its not even funny, last time I checked "dirt bikes" and 4 wheelers were not legal on highways. They should all be given 90 days in jail.

11. Likes ChevyFan liked this post

yep and the cops just turn a blind eye to it because there are so many of them. Once again these arent your typical motorcyclists, they are nothing but thugs and a few got what they deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by dsfloyd View Post
    yep and the cops just turn a blind eye to it because there are so many of them. Once again these arent your typical motorcyclists, they are nothing but thugs and a few got what they deserved.
    Yup, and that's the biggest problem right there: most major cities have "no chase" protocol for motorcylces (particularly crotch rockets) as they are much faster/agile than cop cars so it's actually more dangerous to the public for cops to try chase them down.

I feel lucky my town has procedures for ATVs, snowmobiles and dirt bikes. We have a major state park and a couple large local parks that teens use ATVs and dirt bikes illegally and the police department has been given ATVs, side-by-sides and such to patrol trails and what not during the summer so kids don't use them. Also we also have motorcycle police in our city and regular cops who will gladly use their Crown Vick to smash anything your riding or driving.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

McClintock: This isnt your normal law abiding rider, this is a gang of thugs and idiots that was looking for a problem.
    As a motorcycle rider I can tell you riders with maturity and common sense avoid things like this, motorcycle vs vehicle always results in bad news for the rider. On the other side theres a lot of vehicle drivers that are just plain stupid, as a rider you have to watch for them, both sides need to respect others on the road period.
    This guy owns a Range Rover but doesnt have a cell phone capable of dialing 911?
    Over the last year activities of this type have become popular among SportBike riders, weve had a few similar incidents in Dallas and at least 1 incident resulting in a riders death, no pitty here for a rider that intentionally puts themself in a dangerous situation. Hopefully this is a fad that dies out quickly.
    My personnal recommendation is if you see it happening record as many plate numbers as you can, eithet by pen and paper or cell phone camera and make sure your safe.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... Last Post byLast Post by