GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    McClintock: This isnt your normal law abiding rider, this is a gang of thugs and idiots that was looking for a problem.
    As a motorcycle rider I can tell you riders with maturity and common sense avoid things like this, motorcycle vs vehicle always results in bad news for the rider. On the other side theres a lot of vehicle drivers that are just plain stupid, as a rider you have to watch for them, both sides need to respect others on the road period.
    This guy owns a Range Rover but doesnt have a cell phone capable of dialing 911?
    Over the last year activities of this type have become popular among SportBike riders, weve had a few similar incidents in Dallas and at least 1 incident resulting in a riders death, no pitty here for a rider that intentionally puts themself in a dangerous situation. Hopefully this is a fad that dies out quickly.
    My personnal recommendation is if you see it happening record as many plate numbers as you can, eithet by pen and paper or cell phone camera and make sure your safe.
    I thought I heard that they did but not positve, and the cops already had 200 calls on those riders at that point. Another issue is almost all were without plates.

and I agree these aren't typical bikers. There are jack offs in both groups of riders and cars, but most on both sides are usually pretty good.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

McClintock: This isnt your normal law abiding rider, this is a gang of thugs and idiots that was looking for a problem.
    As a motorcycle rider I can tell you riders with maturity and common sense avoid things like this, motorcycle vs vehicle always results in bad news for the rider. On the other side theres a lot of vehicle drivers that are just plain stupid, as a rider you have to watch for them, both sides need to respect others on the road period.
    This guy owns a Range Rover but doesnt have a cell phone capable of dialing 911?
    Over the last year activities of this type have become popular among SportBike riders, weve had a few similar incidents in Dallas and at least 1 incident resulting in a riders death, no pitty here for a rider that intentionally puts themself in a dangerous situation. Hopefully this is a fad that dies out quickly.
    My personnal recommendation is if you see it happening record as many plate numbers as you can, eithet by pen and paper or cell phone camera and make sure your safe.

If you saw the news His wife called 911 over 4 times..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McClintoc View Post
    Yup, and that's the biggest problem right there: most major cities have "no chase" protocol for motorcylces (particularly crotch rockets) as they are much faster/agile than cop cars so it's actually more dangerous to the public for cops to try chase them down.
    In NYC they don't chase them because the know the bikers would go on to sidewalks to get away and possibly hurt more people..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

We only see and hear what the media wants us to. Never heard a word about them calling the Police.
    So whats the Police excuse for not making a more timely arrival?
    I mean from every video Ive seen this whole episode took some time, even if they werent physically chasing the bikes they couldve protected the family, all that distance and there wasnt an available prowl car that could respond?
    Dont get me wrong Im an advocate of Police officers but there was a rather large time lag there.
    We saw this same response in Dallas when they had a similar incident early this summer, somethings wrong when Police responce times are that far off in a life or death situation. Especially in a city/state that bans responsable citizens from possesing the means to protect themselves by allowing only criminals to have weapons.

that has been grinding at me since I saw this video, I have yet to hear anything about them calling the police...
    the media talked about the 6-mile chase, and how they caught up to the driver and he took off again only to be stopped a final time and beaten, you would think in all that time the driver or his wife would have been on the phone with 911 begging for help immediately, and with how they shouldve sounded on the phone I would think that the police might see it as a serious priority to get to the family to protect them.
    and that is true though, if it was mentioned that the wife was on the phone with the police, it is amazing how long it took for them to get to them... just a horrible situation for the driver, if he wouldve just kept moving maybe that wouldve given police ample time to catch up
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Powertrain:
    4.3L V6, 4L60E, 2WD, Single Cab
    Performance:
    Airaid CAI
    Poweraid TB Spacer
    Flowmaster 10-series exhaust (dumped)
    BLACKBEAR TUNED!!!
    Edge CS insight monitor
    4.10 gears
    Limited-slip differential
    LS-1 Dual Electric fans
    Corvette tranny servo swap

Audio:
    Head Unit: Alpine
    Speakers: Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component set, 4X6 Infinity Kappas
    Subs: 2-12" Kicker CVT's
    Amps: Alpine-M1000 (subs), Alpine MRX-F65 (Speakers)

Tires/Wheels:
    305/70R16 NITTO Terra Grapplers
    16" PROCOMP 7089's
    Suspension:
    2" leveling kit
    3" Fabtech Spindle Lift Kit
    Front/Rear-Bilstein 5100 shocks

Lighting:
    FRONT
    35W HID Low Beams
    RECON LED smoked roof cab lights
    REAR
    HELLA LED taillights and 3rd brakelight
    HELLA FF-75 Aux. Reverse Lamps
    RIGID dually D2, flush mount, wide beam
    Accessories:
    Hawk HPS Brake pads
    Russell braided steel brake lines
    Powerstop-red powdercoated brake calipers
    Powerslot Cryo brake rotors
    EGR in-channel window visors

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

Perhaps this was a "hate crime" SUV driver was an oriental
    No one mentioned it-but the bikers were all from another minority group-weren't they black hispanics?
    Biker gangs are usually racially ethnically homogenous
    Very few car drivers would be adequately armed in NYNY right?
    This is one time a pistol-would have come in handy-high capacity pistol-2 mags

My 98 Suburban- not much ground(motorcycle and rider) clearance-
    Yeah lets hear it for a hate crime-safe bet they were calling him by an ethnic slur!
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Sr. Apprentice

Default Re: biker gang attacks family

If I was there then I drive very slowly. We should not use phone when driving I think that very big cause of accidents. This biker gang is very young and they donít know the rule and regulation of driving.

7. Likes ChevyFan liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post
    I just read an article about it and really both sides acted wrong, the SUV driver had merged on the highway dangerously and the original biker was trying to tell the man to calm down and then both sides took each others actions wrong and it just kept getting worse. The driver shouldn't of run over the biker and the bikers should not of beat him or damaged the car that escalated the situation. When I first heard of it I though it was just a random act of violence, but its really just every one not thinking before acting.
    I don't believe that to be true for one single second. All of the "eyewitnesses" who are claiming that the Range Rover acted improperly were the bikers themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Problem is that many of these riders had no license plate on their vehicle. The guy who got run over it's been reported has never had a drivers license.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by reggiecab2000 View Post
    that has been grinding at me since I saw this video, I have yet to hear anything about them calling the police...
    the media talked about the 6-mile chase, and how they caught up to the driver and he took off again only to be stopped a final time and beaten, you would think in all that time the driver or his wife would have been on the phone with 911 begging for help immediately, and with how they shouldve sounded on the phone I would think that the police might see it as a serious priority to get to the family to protect them.
    and that is true though, if it was mentioned that the wife was on the phone with the police, it is amazing how long it took for them to get to them... just a horrible situation for the driver, if he wouldve just kept moving maybe that wouldve given police ample time to catch up
    It's hard for the police to dispatch a unit to a moving target. I know this first hand after being behind a driver going 30 MPH on the freeway while I could see her drinking out of a hard liquor bottle while she was driving and not able to stay between the lines in two lanes. As we moved from city to city I was told that I would have to hang up on Grand Prairie Police and call Arlington Police and we had to start all over.

It's been reported that someone in the SUV did make 911 calls. Clearly the guy's tire was slashed during the initial stop and he freaked out and drove off. You can see that he was driving on a rim on the rear-right side at the very end and the Rover is leaning to the right quite a bit.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

I have read tons of articles on this. A few report that the guy that stopped in front of the SUV and was "bumped" was the one that got up and slashed the tires. The family of the guy that was run over claim that he was helping the guy that got bumped. But, if you watch the video closely it looks like the guy that was run over was in front of the vehicle on the passenger side. So, if he was helping the guy originally involved in the accident then what was he doing on the passenger side?

Like you Steve I have been in situations on the freeway where I had to call the police. Luckily in Michigan the state police have jurisdiction on the freeway. If you call 911 you are routed to the state police dispatch, they will contact local police if they can not get a car there quickly. But, it does take some time

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

This should help you guys a bit.. A very good News Ch from the area... http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...ork&id=9274018

Does New York have that large a problem with unlicensed vehicles on the streets?
    I know locally authorities have been towing vehicles for license and inspection infractions much more than they used to.
    Normally around here no license means no insurance, which means its the officers discretion to tow.

I know what your saying about the 911 calls and traveling through different jurisdictions, Ive had exactly what you describe happen one night on I20 from Fort Worth to Arlington to Grand Prairie. A few weeks later while reporting a reckless driver/hit and run they automatically transfered me from department to department. They have the ability to do this, not sure what situations dictate they use this system though.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... Last Post byLast Post by