GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Default What one member on this site would you like to meet??

Choose one OK maybe 2 members you would like to Talk face to face with.. NOT Fight.. Just chat maybe do Dinner or a Beer.. Who knows.. As for me??? Steve, Zigger or maybe SurrealOne
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

That is a hard question. I can think of four guys or five off the top of my head that I would want to meet up for a beer. I can not narrow it down to two. Surreal, rayvoy, curky, steve, enkeiavalanche, conlan rose (he can have a milk ) there are many more folks here that I would like to hang out with. Matter of fact I can only think of one or two that I would not want to hang out with.
    Last edited by Pikey; 05-16-2013 at 02:56 PM.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

The 2 that immediately stand out in my mind are my GMTC bossman Steve, and Tim (tbplus10). There's a bunch of other people here I wouldn't mind meeting, but those would probably have to be on the top of my list.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

I've already met @aloxdaddy99, @PantheraUncia, @Sierraowner5.3, @medicmatt, and @moogvo, so I'm not including them in my list.
    I can't narrow down the folks I want to meet to just 1-2 ... it's more like 15-16 () and it includes (in no particular order):

Each of these people I've come to know and respect ... and each has brought something unique to the site that I've personally found helpful or laudable. If I absolutely HAD to limit it to just one person it'd be @RayVoy -- because we're both Shriners and, thus, have a common bond that goes beyond this site.

(I'd also like for tagging to work properly, because as you can see, above, it doesn't, always.)
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 05-16-2013 at 03:52 PM.

I agree that its hard to narrow it down. I've met GMCErica and 4x4squared, and like said above, there's very few people on here I would like to meet. The top of my list would be fairly similar to surreal's though.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    That is a hard question. I can think of four guys or five off the top of my head that I would want to meet up for a beer. I can not narrow it down to two. Surreal, rayvoy, curky, steve, enkeiavalanche, conlan rose (he can have a milk ) there are many more folks here that I would like to hang out with. Matter of fact I can only think of one or two that I would not want to hang out with.
    Pikey, swap my name for yours and my list would be similar; but like Surreal, I'd have to add @GMCerica, because, well, she's a girl with a gun, haha, and we need to get her back on here. She left a little upset and it was no fault of her's, she tried real hard to organize those meets.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Each of these people I've come to know and respect ... and each has brought something unique to the site that I've personally found helpful or laudable. If I absolutely HAD to limit it to just one person it'd be @RayVoy -- because we're both Shriners and, thus, have a common bond that goes beyond this site.
    We should pick a Shine function and both try to attend. Each year, the Shrine temples in the New England and Eastern Canada areas get together. Your area must have the same thing.

Others on your list would be included on mine, like Conlan Rose and, I'd add 99'HEARTBEAT
    Last edited by RayVoy; 05-16-2013 at 07:54 PM.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

I would also have close to the same list as @SurrealOne, but replace my name with his. The one member I keep trying to meet with is @Enkeiavalanche, but our schedules conflict.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post
    I would also have close to the same list as @SurrealOne, but replace my name with his. The one member I keep trying to meet with is @Enkeiavalanche, but our schedules conflict.
    Well Cruz nights at Bear Mt are starting we can meet up there one of the LARGEST Cruz nights on the East coast...

Hmmm, hard question, limited to two I'd say Crawdaddy and Surrealone but truthfully there isnt anyone on the site I wouldnt mind sharin a cold drink with and havin a little one on one chat with.
    For the most part (compared to sites I'm currently a member or have been a member of) this site has a decent group of members that do a good job of respecting each individuals opinion.

I wouldn't mind sharin a beer with anyone on this site either. I still remember my absolute first post on fullsizechevy.com..... It was after I was a member on here, but I branched out to there for more answers, and the first response was some jackass talkin smack about new members posting stupid questions... Needless to say I've never been active on that site again... And have come to respect basically any person I have interacted with on this site. Everyone who is regularly active on here, I could pretty much share a cold one with.
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Powertrain:
    4.3L V6, 4L60E, 2WD, Single Cab
    Performance:
    Airaid CAI
    Poweraid TB Spacer
    Flowmaster 10-series exhaust (dumped)
    BLACKBEAR TUNED!!!
    Edge CS insight monitor
    4.10 gears
    Limited-slip differential
    LS-1 Dual Electric fans
    Corvette tranny servo swap

Audio:
    Head Unit: Alpine
    Speakers: Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component set, 4X6 Infinity Kappas
    Subs: 2-12" Kicker CVT's
    Amps: Alpine-M1000 (subs), Alpine MRX-F65 (Speakers)

Tires/Wheels:
    305/70R16 NITTO Terra Grapplers
    16" PROCOMP 7089's
    Suspension:
    2" leveling kit
    3" Fabtech Spindle Lift Kit
    Front/Rear-Bilstein 5100 shocks

Lighting:
    FRONT
    35W HID Low Beams
    RECON LED smoked roof cab lights
    REAR