GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Does New York have that large a problem with unlicensed vehicles on the streets?
    I know locally authorities have been towing vehicles for license and inspection infractions much more than they used to.
    Normally around here no license means no insurance, which means its the officers discretion to tow.

I know what your saying about the 911 calls and traveling through different jurisdictions, Ive had exactly what you describe happen one night on I20 from Fort Worth to Arlington to Grand Prairie. A few weeks later while reporting a reckless driver/hit and run they automatically transfered me from department to department. They have the ability to do this, not sure what situations dictate they use this system though.
    Yeah, that's a good point. I should say that the call that I made was probably like 8 years ago, so they might have the ability to transfer from department to department now. In that case it was very scary as it was like 4:00 pm and there were kids walking on the sidewalks and she ended up going up on the sidewalk in a few places. I told the 911 dispatcher that I was very concerned that she was going to kill some kids. I did not tell her that I had a plan to ram her car into the ditch if it looked like that was going to happen. Not a good 15 minute drive for me. She ended up pulling into a dirt driveway on what was about a 1/2 acre plot of land with a trailer and a bunch of trash. She then appeared to collapse behind the wheel and pass out.

I got the impression that they stop somewhere and take their license plates off their bikes. Then there are about 500 of them riding around and the cops have a hard time getting any of them.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

Latest news is the guy who was seriously injured
    HAS A 6 PAGE RAP SHEET-extending back years-some violent offenses
    it is nice to see some low life POS get EXACTLY what he deserves
    Horrible to say it,but ....
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

3. Likes Steve liked this post

The last few days much more info has come out that makes the bike riders look real bad.
    As one NY official stated if your completely legal why would you be running around on an unlicensed vehicle.
    Thanks to video so thoughtfully provided by the riders police are tracking down bikes/owners with license plates and either charging them or using them to get at other individuals invovlved.
    As I posted before weve had this problem locally, hopefully this incident will force police in other citys to get serious about this type problem, at this point local authorities investigating similiar incidents have had the opinion its just an inconveience, this should change minds and force serious action.
    One common theme is these guys on bikes always have a member recording and they post their videos. Not all of them ride without plates so theres something to track.

5. Likes Steve liked this post
    Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

Grand prairie- near DFW??
    When we last went thru-I-635 ring road-2008 summer- 12 bikes blew by us-lane splitting-so freakin fast I almost got out to see why the Suburban stalled-yeah-maybe 120 mph lane splitting!!
    When we next go thru-this winter or spring-we'll take that other route you told me about-sorta straight thru to HY 287- never liked I-635 crazy drivers!
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Yep, southern border of Dallas.
    We have a lot of that stupidity lately, Im a long time devoted rider, but I always try to respect others around me on the road and hope they have the decency to do the same.

Legend

I rode from 1973 to 2010-sold my last bike-much loved SR500-bought new in 1980
    Texas drivers are pretty polite-EXCEPT I-635E-hated that 25 mile circuit-got on about 1 off around 24-Denton exit-least fun part of trip to Flagstaff AZ was circle road around DFW- we always hit it on weekend-Sat 6pm - and 7am Sunday on way home-
    STILL had plenty of traffic-even Sunday morning?!
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Got what they deserved IMO. Shouldn't have been doing stupid sh!t
    Chuckie!!!

Ended up getting even worse for some of the rides.

The motor psycho charged with starting the biker-mob attack that left a young Manhattan dad beaten to a pulp flipped off photographers in court Sunday — as it emerged that earlier this year, he caught a break from a judge.Career criminal Reginald Chance, 37, extended both middle fingers as he was hauled into Manhattan Criminal Court on gang-assault and other charges tied to the Sept. 29 beatdown of Alexian Lien.
    Chance’s lawyer said he wouldn’t challenge allegations his client was caught on video using his chrome helmet to smash a window of Lien’s Range Rover in front of the victim’s wife and 2-year-old daughter.
    But defense lawyer Gregory Watts bizarrely insisted that Chance’s rage was justified, given that Lien had just run over another biker while trying to flee the gang of motorcyclists.
    “It is entirely reasonable to try and identify the driver after a motor-vehicle accident,” Watts said.
    The lawyer also said the assault case was trumped up, because Lien, who received stitches to his face, never had to be hospitalized.
    Chance — who has 21 prior arrests for charges ranging from drugs to robbery to gun possession — was ordered held in lieu $100,000 bond or $75,000 cash.
    I've been in the situation locally where I almost hit someone coming up behind me on a bike at a high rate of speed. I couldn't tell what lane they were in and I was probably doing the speed limit or a little bit over and they were maybe doing double that. One rider locked his brakes and I could see his front wheel wobble back and forth for about 5 seconds and I thought he was going to wipe out at maybe 60 MPH. He got control and stopped riding fast, but his buddy came up and pointed his finger at me. I was like ... I hope you have a gun because I'll just knock you off the road buddy if you try anything.

Otherwise, I've seen very small groups of riders going crazy on the streets. I guess that's not going to hurt anyone but themselves. But a group of 20 or so makes the situation a whole lot different, that's just too many vehicles for any one driver to track in a small space when they're not going with the flow of traffic.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, one more time there was a Sunday morning when a bunch of bikers were leaving a 7-11 and a couple of them stayed out in the middle of the road to block the traffic and I just laid on my horn and inched forward. At least one guy looked at me like he was annoyed, but they split up and I went through the traffic signal. I guess they're not used to people taking them on, but I think that's what's needed to stop this lawlessness.

Here's some video of bikers in Dallas shutting down the freeway. I'm sorry, I'm just not going to stop anymore. It's time to drive through them with horns blasting fully to cause them grief. This is total lawlessness and I think that a citizens arrest is acceptable in many of these situation.

Look at this guy taunting the cops.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Legend

Anyone remember those WW2 movies
    The Germans had this machine gun-MG 42 maybe??
    It had a really high rate of fire 1200/min
    It is times like that that I wish I had a pair mounted through the headlights-like James Bond
    AckAckAckAck......
    Oh well-guess I'm getting creepy.
    Steve-Arlington-DFW- ??
    Rest of TX polite drivers-I-635E CRAZY- maybe it is because it is 80 feet up-altitude starves their brains!!
    Yeah driven across TX- E>W W> probably 30 times over the years-DFW I-635E only problem stretch.
    Love HY 287- great road for a not interstate-nice rest stops etc(kinda bland scenery-guess depopulated since dust bowl)
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

The opinion you have is one many are expressing, if the police cant or wont stop these acts then its up to citizens to act for themselves.
    One reason I dont ride in a group is I dont want to be mistaken for jerks like this, Im out to enjoy the road on my bike not intimidate or harass anyone.
    Im sure something like this is gonna happen again soon, and with the attitide on both side someone will be hurt or die, more likely itll be a bike rider. If police dont put more emphasis onstopping this stupidity theyll end up with more problems to solve.

13. Likes reggiecab2000 liked this post
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast