GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Kapelusprime,

I am sorry to learn that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle and your dealership cannot duplicate that problem. Would you be interested in getting a second opinion from another dealership in your area? If so, private message me including a brief overview of your concern, contact information, VIN, and exact mileage?

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Kapelusprime View Post
    My dealer said they could not reproduce, but I hear it every morning cold out or 80 degrees. It lasts for a few minutes, then I let her warm up and it goes away. Guess I'll have to wait till it gets more obnoxious till they'll throw in on the TSB. I've got the extended warranty and it's only got 10k on the clock. Good ol GM!
    your engine is one of the many in this 2007-2013 engine class that has these issues. this is caused by issues with the engine design. I would only use the dexos GM approved engine oils for these engines. you may have internal damage even with the low miles . oil passageways do get restricted and damage occurs with the use of non dexos GM approve oil...

dealerships know of these failures. many owners have these issues . I know of businesses purchasing only 6 cylinder engines to avoid these failures 2007-2013 5.3L ...............

Quote Originally Posted by GM Customer Service View Post
    Kapelusprime,

I am sorry to learn that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle and your dealership cannot duplicate that problem. Would you be interested in getting a second opinion from another dealership in your area? If so, private message me including a brief overview of your concern, contact information, VIN, and exact mileage?

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care

Thanks! I'll do just that.
    I am a American solder, I am a member of the finest fight force on earth, I am the bump in the night. I will defend the United states of American Against all enemies both foreign and domestic. Repent now all those who would do my nation and it's people harm; For when we come it will be too late.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE, Z71 with 5.3 l and max tow/haul package

I wish that someone would record the sound made by the chirp and post it to you tube si we can hear it.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

You're fortunate that there was a mechanic who really knew the cause of the problem.

Just a note about cam noise, If you are a bay boomer and growing up in the 50's to 60's, nearly every car & pu had a straight six's with solid lifters. Sitting on the front porch all summer long with not much to do, you played guessing game with your buddy's on what type of car was coming down the street by the tappet noise. It was very easy to to tell the difference between Ford and Chevy. I lived on a curve and you couldn't see the car until it was only a few house away. Reading this blog brought back memories.

You are welcome!

Best regards,

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12