GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Exhaust System

Default Exhaust System

I'm looking to put on a new exhaust system on my 5.3 v8 silverado 2002 and the places and people I have been talking to said both magnaflow and flowmasters would be the best bang for my buck but both cant come to a conclusion on which is the best and I want the most performance out of the exhaust and I have a less concern with the sound and if there is some better system that would be great to know about but if not which one should I go with or look more into?

Really, it's just personal preference as to which sound you like better. Do a search, the whole Magnaflow vs. Flowmaster thing has been brought up a million times. And trust me, there has never been nor will there ever be a winner here.

Or, perhaps check out youtube or various or sites for sound clips. Although they rarely do any exhaust system justice.

2009 GMC Sierra Denali AWD

Flowmaster is more of an agressive sounding muffler. Magnaflow is great for SUV's. Both are really nice sounds, but you need to search on youtube.com for sound clips. Both mufflers perform the same, just different sounds.

2006 Chevy Silverado 1500 2WD EXT Cab
    4.3L V6 Vortec, K&N Drop-In, Flowmaster Super 44,
    3" Exhaust tip, 22" Boss #331 Rims, Clifford 50.5x Alarm,
    Escalade Gauges, DJM Leveling Kit, Billet grill, All JL Audio Speakers,
    300XD MTX amp, Two 10" Alpine SWE-1042 subs

-Check out my photo album!

Here is my .02 Put on some Pacesetter LT"s, Magnaflow HFC's and Flowmaster 60"s on custom bent true duals. It will cost about the same to do this set up as the aftermarket exhaust from either co. I had this set up on my Sierra, except I had shorty headers, and it made the 5.3 come alive and it sounded good as well.
    Chris S. The GoFastPadre I like to drive fast and I've got the speeding tickets to prove it. 00 Sierra Z71 ECSB K&N CAI Pacesetter Shorties (soon to be replaced with LT's) Magnaflow HFC's Flowmasters with True Duals and H-Pipe more mods to come