GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: leveling kits

Default leveling kits

I have an 05 sierra 4.3 L V6, I want to level it. However I donít know if it is possible since it is a V6. If I was to level it, would it slow it down? And if it would slow it down, what could I do to get more HP? I also want bigger tires, what size tires could I get, if it was leveled? Also what would be a good brand to get for the leveling kit?

Sorry about all the ?ís I know nothing about being a mechanic

Howdy, If I have'nt already welcomed you tho the forum..........
    If you level the front end you should not see a performance loss, but if you put on bigger tires you will. I am guessing that you have 16 in wheels so you can go up to 285/75/R16. You will also have to recalibrate your speedo or you will burn your tranny up. I am almost positive that you could get a custom tune from www.nelsonperformance.com which would boost your hp and mileage. I would also suggest that you do a CAI afe, volant have true CAI's that do not use oiled filters, but there are many others to choose from. I had a K&N on my Sierra and loved it, but it does have an oiled filter. You could also do Headers with a high flow CAT. There are tons more stuff you can do as well. the cai and tune are the things I would do first. OH and System Maxx makes a leveling kit for your truck as well
    Chris S. The GoFastPadre I like to drive fast and I've got the speeding tickets to prove it. 00 Sierra Z71 ECSB K&N CAI Pacesetter Shorties (soon to be replaced with LT's) Magnaflow HFC's Flowmasters with True Duals and H-Pipe more mods to come

you can find leveling kits for your truck here rockymountainsusp.com . they will not affect your performance at all. i would say not to go bigger than a 285/75x16 tire either but for the 2wd i think id go with a 265/75x16 tire. as for performance the padre pretty much covered it
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here