GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default 3500 miles/100 hrs. with my 2014 2500HD

I just crept past the 100 hour mark today with my 2014 2500HD CCSB LTZ/Z71 6.6/Allison. Total mileage since I bought her in August is now 3555. I couldn't be happier with the switch from my 2008 1500 CCSB LTZ/Z71/Southern Comfort edition 5.3l. I really loved that truck but hated to hear it work hard pulling up the mountains. This truck is basically the same inside and besides the paint and with the lift/tires pretty close outside.

The miles so far have been primarily from towing my 7x14 V-nose tandem 7500lb. trailer to MX tracks in the northeast. She has towed through the Poconos, Catskills,and Berkshires...effortlessly. Unfortunately she has also seen many sunrises on the Cross Bronx Expressway and George Washington Bridge. The mpg's have been increasing with every tank and I just hand calculated the last tank of fuel at 14.9 mpg mostly towing to/from a track in upstate NY. The 5.3l would get me about 10.8 with this trailer so the cost of diesel will be offset as my mileage gets better. I know the cost of maintenance will be higher with the Duramax, but with GM's 2 yr/24000 mile free maintenance program, I have some time.

The real plus of this truck is the torque. There is nothing like setting cruise control while towing and never having the transmission downshift. I have found the sweetspot for torque to be 1500-1650 rpms so I tow with cruise control in OD at 62-63 indicated, which with the 35's is 66-67 actual. Now some pictures of the two of them. The 2008 was called XS ive the 2014 is XS ive2

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capless (4).JPG 
Views:	144 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	55469Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3480.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	55471Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capless (2).JPG 
Views:	129 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	55468Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3474.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	55470Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oct09.JPG 
Views:	128 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	55472Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3478.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	55473

Charlie
    XS ive1:(^^^)
    2008 Silverado Crew LTZ Southern Comfort conversion
    SoCo cat back duals
    Volant CAI
    6" Pro-Comp lift
    ARE cap with Yakima rack system (winter)
    GM Hard tri-fold tonneau (summer)
    GM rear wheel liners

XS ive2:(avatar)
    2014 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Z71 6.6 DMax/Allison
    6.5" BDS 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers
    LineX/wheel liners/OEM tube steps/sunroof/slider/mirrors/Nav/cablights/trifold tonneau

Getting the toys to the track with a 2007 Roadmaster 7X12 V-Nose 7k tandem "Mobile Man Cave".

2. Likes ChevyFan liked this post

Beautiful trucks!

I am leaning towards buying myself a 3/4ton dirtymax next year... I'm loving all the great reviews and well, they're just sexy. Hahaha, glad you're loving all that xsive torque! Gonna leave it stock?

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

Thanks!

She is going to stay stock for a while. My local dealer is awesome and I don't want to push the warranty issue if I have to use it. He has told me he will cover just about any modifications he can unless it has to do with the ECM being re tuned.
    I'd ike to increase the mpg's, but the power is fine stock. As far as the "rolling coal" smoke tunes.... why?

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Very Nice rides...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Drop dead beautiful trucks

Thanks for compliments guys!

That's a great looking truck, but what's the deal with the crazy timestamp on your photos? 2009? 2010? lol.

You tow that closed trailer in the background with this truck?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Beautiful trucks man! Now lets see the bikes lol
    -K&N Air Filter

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    That's a great looking truck, but what's the deal with the crazy timestamp on your photos? 2009? 2010? lol.

You tow that closed trailer in the background with this truck?
    Steve, That's actually when the ones of the 2008 were taken. I just tried to capture the same angles with the new truck. The 7x14 trailer is why I upgraded to the 2500HD with 6.6/Allison. I really had no idea we'd be travelling so much to race. The 1500 got it done, but I didn't like making it work in the mountains. My dealer, Buzz Chew, has been awesome from the start and gave me good numbers for a trade up. Was hard to say no. The 2008 didn't stay on his lot for long before being sold. It was in mint condition and only had 40k miles.
    More pics with trailer tomorrow.

Jsmith, I'll throw some in of the bikes too!

i have a 6x14, not that i plan on towing in the mountains much, but maybe I need a diesel..... *sarcasm*

i think my wife would murder me if i came home with one.

@xsive, sweet HD man, i really like that body style in the chevy HDs.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by