GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Where are you from? I grew up going up into the cascades.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    Oak Harbor, WA (Stationed on Whidbey Island)

Nice. I spent from 1987 until 1999 all around that part of the world. I'd love to get back up there more often than I've been.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Nice. I spent from 1987 until 1999 all around that part of the world. I'd love to get back up there more often than I've been.

I have been up here for 5 years and I am glad I actually got this burban so now I can go to some of the alpine lakes around here for fishing and find some good hunting spots.

So... The "Pull" I was feeling is still there after ALL u joints, bearings, and brakes were replaced. Drove the burb to work today for the first time in the snow and the back end felt really loose on thin snow areas and then I hit a spot of no snow and heard the driver side front tire chirp as if, Hmm, lets see here.... What would cause a pushing feeling in the rear and a chirping of tires in the front? OH!!, the PO has regeared the rear and said F**K the front. I mean it is only 4 wheel drive right? needless to say now I need to figure out the gearing. What is stock BTW?

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Burban View Post
    So... The "Pull" I was feeling is still there after ALL u joints, bearings, and brakes were replaced. Drove the burb to work today for the first time in the snow and the back end felt really loose on thin snow areas and then I hit a spot of no snow and heard the driver side front tire chirp as if, Hmm, lets see here.... What would cause a pushing feeling in the rear and a chirping of tires in the front? OH!!, the PO has regeared the rear and said F**K the front. I mean it is only 4 wheel drive right? needless to say now I need to figure out the gearing. What is stock BTW?
    the most common that I have seen personally is 3.73. I've been wondering if you got it all figured out lol
    Chuckie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BurbanMan View Post
    the most common that I have seen personally is 3.73. I've been wondering if you got it all figured out lol
    Awesome thanks. Well since deplyment is just around the corner I am thinking new axels ring and pinion and maybe some ARB lockers or LSD's Front and rear when I get back. Now I am just looking for the best product for my budget.

Awesome thanks. Well since deplyment is just around the corner I am thinking new axels ring and pinion and maybe some ARB lockers or LSD's Front and rear when I get back. Now I am just looking for the best product for my budget.
    sorry bud. I can't give any insight on an LSD compared to lockers. :( I've only ever had the LSD and that is in my 2wd dodge Dana 60

Quote Originally Posted by BurbanMan View Post
    sorry bud. I can't give any insight on an LSD compared to lockers. :( I've only ever had the LSD and that is in my 2wd dodge Dana 60
    Its all good. Actually I brought up my situation at work and my buddys dad has a 78 3/4 ton that a tree fell on the cab and isnt going to fix so I think I will just take those off of him and run them as is.

Its all good. Actually I brought up my situation at work and my buddys dad has a 78 3/4 ton that a tree fell on the cab and isnt going to fix so I think I will just take those off of him and run them as is.
    that's a good score

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12