GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 1993 gmc suburan k1500 right rear shock?!

how in the world do you remove the right rear shock....it dosnt seem like u can get a wrench up there ....also if u break a bolt dosnt seem like i could get new bolts up there ....any help would be great thanks much

I assume your talking about the top two. From what i can see on this pic from my truck it doesn't look too bad, but I'm not sure how similar the '93 Burb and '96 Tahoe are. I say best bet it lots of penetrating oil, a 6 point socket, various extensions and a cheater bar.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

looks pretty similar but on my burban there is nuts and bolts holding the top on and i cant really fit any wrench i have up there on top of the sub frame ....why would they do that??? there is literally only a inch between the sub frame and the body ....im clueless....

You may have to get a short wrench or have another person help who has smaller hands.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

The old Chevelles (68-72) were the same deal.....it can be done but its tight

I thank u all for your input .....I'm bringing it to my local repair shop there gonna put it on for 40 bucks .....good deal ...thanks again

Common problem on Jeep XJ Cherokees too...

Look for replacement shock mounts or "bar pin eliminators" or "bpe's".

Essentially they are a bracket that bolts in to those stock holes and then you can use a traditional shock bolt to mount the top.

HTH

-cmc-
    Some stuff with wheels and motors...

This makes me want to go look at mine and see what a pia it will be
    Chuckie!!!