GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Just got a new work truck

99 GMC Sierra 2500 EXT cab runs and drives... I paid $800. It needs a couple little things like rockers and door handles but nothing major. The guy I bought it from is my friends uncle and he sold it because the security light keeps coming on (New ignition cylinder & key) and the abs kept kicking on (Speed sensors). It has 266,000 miles. I think it's going to make an awesome work/plow truck . What do you guys think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_1909.jpg   100_1908.jpg   100_1907.jpg   100_1910.jpg  

03 Chevy Silverado 1500 ext cab Z-71
    79 AMC Spirit GT
    77 Olds cutlass supreme

Looks decent, I think for a work truck the price is right.

I think you got a good deal. What power train does it have
    Chuckie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BurbanMan View Post
    I think you got a good deal. What power train does it have
    6.0 4l80E... Not sure what gears though I'll have to check the codes in the glove box.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Z-71 View Post
    6.0 4l80E... Not sure what gears though I'll have to check the codes in the glove box.
    Just checked and it has 3:73 gears

Quote Originally Posted by Z-71 View Post
    6.0 4l80E... Not sure what gears though I'll have to check the codes in the glove box. - - - Updated - - - Just checked and it has 3:73 gears
    good setup

IMO, that's a steal. May need a little work but a fairly new (not super old), functioning truck for $800 is awesome!
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Good deal. The issue is that here in Michigan, being a 1999, chances are there is not much of the rocker panels left.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

nice thing is some of the panels on the 99-02s are the same as the 03-07 classics. everything but the front corner panels as far as i know. makes finding donors easy.

seems like a hell of a deal to me.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Thanks guys, I already replaced the door handles and the speed sensors. Next I am going to get the security light to stop flashing and repair the rockers And then it will be a very solid truck. I honestly planned on getting an early 90's or late 80's for the money I had and this just kind of fell in my lap so I jumped on it.

Good buy on that truck. That's for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.