GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Problems FIXED!

Default Problems FIXED!

I've posted about two distinct issues I was having with my 1999 K1500 Suburban in the past week or so, and I'm happy to report that they have both been resolved. The latest was rough running and an error code of crankshaft position sensor. Due to the fact that I was 200 miles from home with limited tools and such, I whipped in to a Firestone Auto Service Center. They read my code and they got something different from the auto parts store guy. The came up with a cam position sensor error. They changed my entire distributor assembly when they discovered that half the teeth on the end of my distributor were broken off. The other problem was less severe. I had a thunking sound in my front end when I accelerated and braked. A week ago I bought some new tires (Concours A/Ts at $135 per tire for 285/70/17) and my tire guy noticed some slop in my steering components. Today I replaced my steering idler arm and pitman arm, the slop is improved and the thunking is gone. Thank all of you for your inputs!

Glad to hear you got it all worked out. I was throwing a crankshaft position sensor code a while back but I essentially ignored it for a while as I've got 200K on it and it was running pretty good. While doing a tune up, found out one of my plugs was pretty much shot and once I finished the tune up, code went away and she's running damn good now. Not sure if the misfire was causing it or just a coincidence. Either way, it was odd... But, like I said, I've got 200K on her so things like this are expected.