GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Welded seat frames

so, I climbed up in the old girl today and heard a pop. drove around a bit on the farm and got out. just bought this truck a few weeks ago and lo and behold, some douche canoe WELDED the seat frame. the part that fits around the actuator that raises the seat. ill throw up some pics in a bit, but any body know if im looking at a new seat or just a frame?

- - - Updated - - -

02 2500hd 8.1/Allison.

What are you driving? How about a pic?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by COdix699 View Post
    so, I climbed up in the old girl today and heard a pop. drove around a bit on the farm and got out. just bought this truck a few weeks ago and lo and behold, some douche canoe WELDED the seat frame. the part that fits around the actuator that raises the seat. ill throw up some pics in a bit, but any body know if im looking at a new seat or just a frame? - - - Updated - - -

scrap yard for frame parts.

Thanks jcat. Maybe I can score a frame cheap.

- - - Updated - - -

Picture was up the other day, don't know where it went...ill try again.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

well apparently my computer wont upload the pictures. every time I click the picture frame in the reply box, the window for uploads opens up, but either my computer wont upload, or dosent even give me the option of browsing my computer for an upload file. without pics this is kinda useless.

I would do what @j cat said, check a junk yard. Sometimes they will give you the entire seat for the price of the frame. They might figure that no one will buy the seat without the frame. I guess it depends on who is working that day

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

You're not uploading the image to the site/thread. You're trying to attach a bad url and pass it off as a valid image.

7. Thanks COdix699 thanked for this post
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by COdix699 View Post
    Thanks jcat. Maybe I can score a frame cheap.

- - - Updated - - -

Picture was up the other day, don't know where it went...ill try again.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

well apparently my computer wont upload the pictures. every time I click the picture frame in the reply box, the window for uploads opens up, but either my computer wont upload, or dosent even give me the option of browsing my computer for an upload file. without pics this is kinda useless.
    get some cushion material so when you install your cushions on the frame the seat will have more fluff...I do this on all my vehicles ..