GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2010 Silverado radio issue

My kids kept asking for me to turn up the radio and I was wondering why. one night it went from soft to loud and I started playing with the fade and balance and realized the back speakers were not working much of the time and would occasionally kick in. I'm guessing it's something simple like fuse or connection. Can someone point me in the best direction to figure this out and get my radio working properly ASAP? I'd sure appreciate the help.

Legend

Blog Entries

I'd definitely wait for more opinions, as I'm not an expert but something similar happened to me. My problem was the connector in the back of the radio was not seated properly. I'm not sure if it wiggled loose over time but one day, like you, I just noticed half of my system wasn't working.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Does your truck happen to have a rear entertainment center (DVD player)?

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

cain73,

I understand how frustrating it is to not having your radio working properly. I love my music while I am driving. I might not be able to give any technical advice but I would like to look into this concern for you. Private message me if I can be of any assistance.

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care

No DVD player/entertainment center.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    Does your truck happen to have a rear entertainment center (DVD player)?

Jennifer - I appreciate your offer but I've been told that since my truck has surpassed the 36k warranty Chevy isn't going to help me.

cain73,

You are welcome. I hope you get your vehicle issue resolved quickly.

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care