GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Threaded View

Default On-Star account billing issues

Mostly just a rant about On Star but for those that have On Star do you use it regularly?
    Ive had On Star on our HHR since 2008 and our truck since 2011.
    During that time other than getting notices about impending oil changes or low air pressure in the tires Ive yet to find another use.
    Every year around October On Star sends me emails and letters stating they have a problem with my billing and it cant be processed, and everytime its found to be some glitch in their system. And everytime I threaten to close my acount they suddenly come up with a new lower rate, when asked why Im being charged a higher rate if they have this lower rate and are concerned with my saving money I normally get silence.
    This year when they starrted the billing issue for the fourth year in a row I cancelled On Star, in the last two weeks Ive gotten 6 letters and 15 emails suggesting for my family and my safety I might want to rethink my decision, what is this On Star or the Mafia? Whats gonna happen if I dont sign back up?
    $37 a month on two cars is way to much just to tell me my tires are low or Im gonna need an oil change soon.
    Last edited by Steve; 10-19-2013 at 07:25 PM.