GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Need help asap please

2000 k2500 4x4 a/t 454 v8

Truck has been running fine. Ran an errand and when I can out truck would not start. It turns over and tries but wont start. It started once, but kinda dieseled. Like it wasn't running on all 8. Any ideas?

Did the truck throw any codes? Also how new is you battery?

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

What does it do if you shoot fuel into the intake?
    Im thinking you may have a fuel delivery issue but without more trouble shooting this is only a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post
    Did the truck throw any codes? Also how new is you battery?

If it turns over, the battery is fine

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    What does it do if you shoot fuel into the intake?
    Im thinking you may have a fuel delivery issue but without more trouble shooting this is only a guess.
    My thoughts too......fuel pump maybe?

Check to see if you are getting spark.

The battery is fine, I tested it. It is only a year old. I can pull a plug and check for spark correct? Is there a port to check for fuel pressure? I thought maybe cap and rotor, but when I replaced intake gaskets this spring they looked fine. I have replaced the fuel filter last year too. Thanks for the responces. please keep them coming if you think of something else. I was hoping it was something prone to the truck. BTW it has 178k miles.

There should be a valve on the fuel line near the distributor where you can check the fuel pressure. I think normal pressure is high 50's to 60, but don't quote me on it.

How long did it run when you said it started and died? Did it run rough for a few minutes or did it run and die quickly?

How many miles? Changed anything like a fuel filter recently?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Yea, you should have a port where described for the fuel line.
    Yes by all means check spark, pull 1 out, anyone, and check
    could still be the fuel filter but checking fuel pressure is a good troubleshooting technique.
    Clogged fuel filter will normally allow some pressure to bleed through.

When I went out to leave it cranked over, but would not start. After a while of sitting, it finally did start. It sounded like it was running on 4 cylinders and only ran about 10 seconds before it died. Went to restart and it did the same thing. Pumping the accel. did nothing. Have no idea why it would do this all of a sudden. It gave no warnings, nor did I notice anything out of the ordinary the whole time I drove it lately. I did pull 1 plug. The wire pulled out of the boot. Now I have to fix that as well or replace the wire. The plug did look good though.