GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default OEM Silverado oil drain plugs.

Since I change my own oil, I am asking where can one get the OEM drain plugs for the NNBS Silverados (besides the dealer).

The ones I am talking about have the rubber o-ring built into the drain plug.

Thanks.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Autozone sells a few different drain plugs. I used one for my truck and it works great! Its just like the one you described with the o-ring built in.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Or you could just buy the o rings separate for a couple bucks. Mine wore out and I just replaced it.
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post
    Autozone sells a few different drain plugs. I used one for my truck and it works great! Its just like the one you described with the o-ring built in.
    So Autozone sells the drain plugs with the o-ring built in just like OEM?

Quote Originally Posted by Als09Sierra View Post
    Or you could just buy the o rings separate for a couple bucks. Mine wore out and I just replaced it.
    The OEM drain plug normally lasts for years, I just want 1 or 2 as a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    So Autozone sells the drain plugs with the o-ring built in just like OEM?

The OEM drain plug normally lasts for years, I just want 1 or 2 as a backup.
    I would try to get the part number from GM and then order them on amazon. Autozone does have drain plugs like you described. But, they did not have one for my 2002 5.3L or my wives 2008 torrent. You have to take yours with you, because they could not look it up for me. They just try to match what you bring in.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Yah They had mine because the 350's almost all had the same drain plug so it was common. For another truck I would double check your thread sizes or bring yours. Likely the 5.3 uses the same plug as the 5.7.

Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post
    Yah They had mine because the 350's almost all had the same drain plug so it was common. For another truck I would double check your thread sizes or bring yours. Likely the 5.3 uses the same plug as the 5.7.
    The 1999-2007 5.3L uses a M12-1.75 threaded plug. The 2011 4.8,5.3,6.0, and 6.2L all use a M12-1.75 drain plug also. So, what conlan found will work
    Last edited by Pikey; 10-21-2013 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    They did not have it for the 5.3L, so I don't think it is the same as the 350. The 1999-2007 5.3L uses a M12-1.75 threaded plug. I doubt the 350 had a metric plug
    The 350 uses the same thread plug here's the one currently on my truck: http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...7250_339485_0_

Most GM trucks have metric bolts and threads because the bolts are mainly made in Canada

I stand corrected!

- - - Updated - - -

I am having a hard time finding one with a built in gasket like that, that is also magnetic.

Yah mine is not magnetic. But it is 4 bucks!!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by