GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Legend

Default Discounttiredirect.com

Just thought I share my good experience with Discounttiredirect.com. I ordered my wheels and tires from them and got a great deal 1488.00. There shipping was fast, customer service was great and it was one of the best experience for online shopping i've had.

KRIS
    2007 GMC Sierra CrewCab 4.8L
    Tinted Windows, 20" Chrome MB Predators on 275/55/20 Copper AT's, GM Bed Rug, Speed Scene Chrome Grille, Putco Chrome Handles, Hypertech Max Energy Programmer, Magnaflow Muffler and many more mods to come.
    Former GM Vehicles:
    96 Chevy Camaro. My first car modded for a High School kid.

Did you have them ship it across the border? Any hassles with brokerage fees, etc?
    2007 Yukon XL Denali ~ Hardwired V1 Radar w/hidden display ~ PnP Sirius Satellite Radio ~ Weathertech Floor Liners ~ AVS In-channel Ventvisors ~ Chrome Lower-mirror Covers ~ Re-badged Rear Hatch ~ 17" ATX Thug Black Teflon winter rims ~ Putco Tailgate Handle Cover ~ Red interior dome lights ~ Chrome window sill trim ~ 30' Tango Travel Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    Did you have them ship it across the border? Any hassles with brokerage fees, etc?
    I do believe he was living in the states when he made the purchase. He moved up to Canada fairly recently.
    Dan
    1999 GMC Sierra 2500 350 vortec
    1967 Jeep M725 ambulance 230 tornado
    1990 Cherokee Limited- 3 inch lift on 33's
    ...and every one of em has issues

If you have any questions or problems don't hesitate to send me or any other GMTC moderators a PM

Legend

I was living in the states when I ordered the set. I called before I left and there are no border fee's if you purchase from them. You will pay a small shipping charge where to the u.s there is none. Also if you choose to get the warranty like I did with mine, it is 60 to ship the tire. I recommend it because i've already used it twice. I got a nasty flat about a month after I had the tires and they sent me a new one for 22 bucks. Just before I left I got them to send me another one because i picked up a nail or two for another 22 bucks. for a 20" all terrain tire that's a pretty good price.

I see. Most Canadians I know ship to a US address and bring the tires over the border themselves.I was curious if you had a different experience. It's not the fees from the shipper that causes the problems crossing the border. It's the brokerage fees/duties/taxes that they have no control over. If someone like FedEx or UPS takes it through customs for you, they'll tack on an outrageous brokerage fee (like a $35 dollar fee for a $40 item) on top of the GST/PST.

The best shipping method you can use to avoid the brokerage fee is by through USPS/Canada Post, but I don't think they handle things as large as tires/wheels.

I've ordered a lot of things from the US (including tires/wheels) and it's always been better having a US shipping address and bringing it across the border yourself.

Legend

yeah I really miss how easy everything was ordering in the states.