GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith4816 View Post
    Doesnt matter, as long as I'm not cooking it lol.

Just started snowing here in Detroit. Let's hope people don't forget how to drive
    They already forgot how to drive in New England... Thank God for Tahoe's 4x4 so it can get far away from the incompetence of others in the snow.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

It's 72 deg here in chuluota FL at 11:00 AM. We don't have snow events here, but that doesn't make our drivers any smarter.

So, we can talk about anything? OK then.

Took my dog, Daisy the Pit Bull, to the vet this morning for her 6 mo. Heartworm test. No worries.

This "super super dangerous monster" dog made me run to the front door, waggy tail all the way. Inside she made kissy face with as many of the humans as would let her, two kittens, the vet's mommy cat, and a really old standard poodle. She allowed the vet tech's, whom she had never seen before, to take a blood sample with no muzzle, and no complaints, then she wanted to go with them back to the lab, tail still wagging. She waited in the exam room alone with me, whining and staring toward where the tech's went, wanting them to come back. When they did, Daisy greeted them like old friends.

I don't have any reason to ever expect anything different from her.

Yesterday, 10.5 million Pit Bulls did not bite anyone.

Annually, more people worldwide are killed by coconuts than by Pit Bulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana W View Post
    It's 72 deg here in chuluota FL at 11:00 AM. We don't have snow events here, but that doesn't make our drivers any smarter.

So, we can talk about anything? OK then.

Took my dog, Daisy the Pit Bull, to the vet this morning for her 6 mo. Heartworm test. No worries.

This "super super dangerous monster" dog made me run to the front door, waggy tail all the way. Inside she made kissy face with as many of the humans as would let her, two kittens, the vet's mommy cat, and a really old standard poodle. She allowed the vet tech's, whom she had never seen before, to take a blood sample with no muzzle, and no complaints, then she wanted to go with them back to the lab, tail still wagging. She waited in the exam room alone with me, whining and staring toward where the tech's went, wanting them to come back. When they did, Daisy greeted them like old friends.
    I have 2 pits. They are awesome dogs. We had one vet that muzzled our large pit (90 lbs) as soon as he walked in. He would shake as soon as we parked at the vet. Our new vet has a pit herself and loves them. The first time she saw them she walked in and sat on the floor and started playing with them. She was 8 months pregnant. After about 5 minutes she looked at me and said, "oh, I guess I should have asked how friendly they are". Now my dogs cry when we pull into the vet, because they are excited to see her. The only issue we have had was the big one had to have surgeries on both knees, $3000 each!! One of them had to be done twice because he slipped and broke the screw heads off a week after the surgery. So, we are $9000 in for knees. He is 9 years old now. He better live to be 20
    Last edited by Pikey; 12-02-2013 at 11:14 AM.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    because he slipped and broke the screw heads off a week after the surgery. So, we are $9000 in for knees. He is 9 years old now. He better live to be 20
    Yeah, but every minute with a Pit Bull is worth 10 bucks in laughs. You're probably almost even by now.

Three years ago almost to the day, Daisy tried to break a moving Honda Accord with her body. It was going about 10 mph, and she was going her usual full afterburner. She hit the left front tire and got flipped over 360 deg in the air. When she hit the tire, she got a real bad abrasion on her left rear leg and foot. The vet had to treat it like a burn. Daisy had a bruised right shoulder and wet/dry bandages on the wound for about a week and a half, then two more weeks of dry bandages. That one cost us a little over $3000.00 and there was no surgery involved. Now, you'd never know anything had ever happened to her.

Even that incident had us laughing now and again. The vet had put one of those Elizabethan collars on Daisy so she wouldn't mess with the bandages. By day two Daisy was getting around pretty well on three legs, so she managed to discover that she could jamb the lower leading edge of that plastic collar into the carpet and just crush the thing so she could tear off the bandage. After she ripped the second collar to shreds, we gave up on them and just pulled one of my daughter's silk riding socks over her bandages. Daisy left her leg alone from then on, as long as she was wearing that sock.

Here is a shot of her wearing her "boo-boo sock", doing her best De Niro impression.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12-11-11-1 Daisy.jpg  

We bought one of these for after the surgeries. We have gotten our $25 out of it, with 2 dogs.

http://www.dog.com/item/bitenot-coll...Fa9cMgodZTAAaw

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    We bought one of these for after the surgeries. We have gotten our $25 out of it, with 2 dogs.

http://www.dog.com/item/bitenot-coll...Fa9cMgodZTAAaw
    I'll have to keep that one in mind. It at least looks like it would take her longer to figure a way out of it.

Just wanted to stop by and say hi! Moved firewood today. It took longer thatn I planned because I had to stop and warm up a few times due to the 6 degree wind chill. Is it spring yet?!!?

I started the day (after a coffee a Tim Horton's) cleaning the driveway. We got our fist snow (that didn't turn to rain and melt) last night, about an inch.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

I have to stop bragging about our central Florida weather. It's been sunny with a daily high around 83 F for a week now, and all my relatives in the Mid Atlantic states are getting nasty with me. If I don't stop it, I may have to start looking over my shoulder for Karma.

it finally stopped raining after 4 days of rain here in VA. only to wake up to a frozen windshield. Thank goodness I remembered to put some extra 93% isopropyl alcohol in with my washer fluid. Sprayed it, let it sit for about 30 secs, then wiped it all away.
    2012 Chevy Captiva Sport LT V6 (The Spanish Prison)

MODS:

Cobra 19 Ultra II CB and some generic CB antenna.
    55W 10000K HID High Beams (just to remind the wonderful citizens of Hampton that their High Beams are on)

Upcoming mods:

[_] Exhaust [_]Subwoofers [_]More HID's [_]LED's [_]MORE LIGHTS!!! [_]Carr Light Bar w/ 3 or 4 in round off-road lights. [_]Black out Badges [_]Black out exhaust tips [_]Black out imitation skid plates on front and rear [_]Hopefully find a way to keep fogs, low beams, and high beams on at the same time

Jason

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... Last Post byLast Post by