GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    What is a woodchuck anyhow? Can you hunt them?
    It's a cute little animal with brown fur. I believe it's part of the rodent family. They burrow in the ground. Like prairie dogs. My dad and I use to shoot them when I was a teenager. Don't know nowadays if you can hunt them as things have really changed.
    2006 Silverado 1500 5.3L ecsb Z71,afe pro s dry air filter, color matched tailgate handle and bezel,color matched front bow tie, led interior illumination, 5000K HID lows, Black powder coated wheels, Blacked out body side moldings, Rough Country 2.5" level/lift kit, Magnaflow muffler

Need to put one on a catapult so you can "Chuck" the woodchuck. If your chuck were operated by a guy named Chuck who had stripped out the chuck on his drill while eating chuck steak while watching Chuck Norris in delta force ... Well, the universe would implode.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood. Sorry couldn't resist. Lol

Groundhog
    Conservation status
    Scientific classification
    Kingdom: Animalia
    Phylum: Chordata
    Class: Mammalia
    Order: Rodentia
    Family: Sciuridae
    Genus: Marmota
    Species: M. monax
    Binomial name
    Marmota monax
    (Linnaeus, 1758)
    Subspecies

• M. m. monax Linnaeus, 1758
    • M. m. canadensis Erxleben, 1777
    • M. m. ignava Bangs, 1899
    • M. m. rufescens A. H. Howell, 1914
    Groundhog range
    The groundhog (Marmota monax), also known as a woodchuck, whistle-pig, or in some areas land-beaver, is a rodent of the family Sciuridae, belonging to the group of large ground squirrels known as marmots. Other marmots, such as the yellow-bellied and hoary marmots, live in rocky and mountainous areas, but the woodchuck is a lowland creature. It is widely distributed in North America and common in the northeastern and central United States as well as Canada. Groundhogs are found as far north as Alaska, with their habitat extending southeast to Georgia

The etymology of the name woodchuck is unrelated to wood or chucking. It stems from an Algonquian (possibly Narragansett) name for the animal, wuchak. The similarity between the words has led to the common tongue-twister:
    How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?A woodchuck would chuck all the wood he could if a woodchuck could chuck wood![

Legend

Blog Entries

29 shopping days left till Christmas!

And a visual to add to @goldie 's explanation....

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Thanx to MSFleetwood for the visual! In case anyone is interested, they do not taste like chicken. They are a bit greasy. (Probably more info than you wanted to know.)

Jr. Engineer

A 243 is perfect for huntin chucks! A woodchuck could chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood!

Finally! I was hoping we would get a thread like this...

Doesnt matter, as long as I'm not cooking it lol.

Just started snowing here in Detroit. Let's hope people don't forget how to drive
    -K&N Air Filter

Quote Originally Posted by zuki82 View Post
    A 243 is perfect for huntin chucks! A woodchuck could chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood!
    We used to use a .22 magnum.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... Last Post byLast Post by